• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have no idea what I am doing

Sweatpants Johnny

Smash Rookie
I joined this site a little while ago, but I don't really know how to use it. Every one in the interviews says to join smash boards to get into the tournament scene so here I am. I can't find any thing in my area though and I have no car so I can't just drive all over either, but I really want to play smash with other people since I only have my training partner to play with.

Zachary the Master

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-7152-1947
Do you have Super Smash Bros. Brawl? I'm just like you. New, confused, don't know what to do, desperate for smash with another human

Capn'CocoCharms

Smash Rookie
I finally got around to the tournament scene and I've heard about this site for years. I'm attending college now and I found a Smash group last semester. I felt kinda lost and out of place at first, but now I'm sort of getting use to the scene by practicing and playing lots of Smash in my free time (mainly Project M). I've made some good friends in my group and I hope to be able to make some more here on the forums, regardless if they live in my area or not! Glad to see that I'm not the only one who's new too. This is going to be a wild ride.

Sweatpants Johnny

Smash Rookie
I finally got around to the tournament scene and I've heard about this site for years. I'm attending college now and I found a Smash group last semester. I felt kinda lost and out of place at first, but now I'm sort of getting use to the scene by practicing and playing lots of Smash in my free time (mainly Project M). I've made some good friends in my group and I hope to be able to make some more here on the forums, regardless if they live in my area or not! Glad to see that I'm not the only one who's new too. This is going to be a wild ride.
It's really awesome you found a whole group right in your college to play smash with! I hope when I go to college this year I'll be just as lucky and find some smashers to play against

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Yeah I joined a few days ago to speak with fellow fans of Smash and speculate before the release of Smash, but yeah I'm basically lost, I've never used one of these forums in my life so I don't understand anything, but I'm hoping I'll learn in this site. I live in Puerto Rico and its sad to say there are no tournaments, anywhere lol I just invite friends over, convert them to Smash and later proceed to beat them senseless with Falco. Look forward to seeing you around man, I hope we all can learn as quick as possible and make the most of this.

Capn'CocoCharms

Smash Rookie
If you don't happen to find a group, it's not hard to make one. The group I attend is super small and it's not 100% official (not sure it if is, or not), but the group is growing little by little. Since we live in a small city that's far from everything, so we're doing a group road trip to Best Buy during the week of E3 to play Smash for WiiU. Really excited for that!

Anyway, back on topic: I've been on some forums for quite some time, but I never was super active (I was a bit on Starmen.net, but that was years ago), but I feel that I can fit right in. I'm sure you guys will too!

multigrain_cheerios

Smash Rookie
Sorta same boat. I've played melee since I discovered the game in like 05, discovered the tourney scene in 10, started really following at EVO 2013. Started college in socal so I'm hoping to make it to tourneys there

multigrain_cheerios

Smash Rookie
Yeah I joined a few days ago to speak with fellow fans of Smash and speculate before the release of Smash, but yeah I'm basically lost, I've never used one of these forums in my life so I don't understand anything, but I'm hoping I'll learn in this site. I live in Puerto Rico and its sad to say there are no tournaments, anywhere lol I just invite friends over, convert them to Smash and later proceed to beat them senseless with Falco. Look forward to seeing you around man, I hope we all can learn as quick as possible and make the most of this.
>I'm hoping I'll learn in this site

There are boards dedicated to character discussion; if you have questions, go there for answers accumulated since the dawn of smash. That's what I use this site for mainly.

>there are no tournaments...I just invite friends over

Invite friends to a tourney at your place? Not necessarily full-out tourney, but it is possible right?

GabPR

Smash Lord
Join facebook group smash puerto rico, we do tournaments every other month with mid to high level players. you are.not alone

Top Bottom