• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have just created, hands down, the best stage ever

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
First do a small sized level. Line the entire perimeter of the level with solid blocks, then delete one of the blocks on the top and replace it with one of those bricks that falls when you stand on it for too long.

Do a timed brawl with 3 CPUs and stand on that brick right at the beginning. Hopefully when you fall down the CPUs will follow you. Now wait for the brick to reappear.

Congratulations! You are now stuck in what I like to call the "LOLbox". This is why I suggest a timed match: It is literally impossible to escape, aside from certain characters' final smashes.

Jammo

Smash Cadet
Why don't you upload it?

No SD card?

And we really need a new "Look what I made, Mah!" thread.

Lightningmage

Smash Journeyman
I made a stage similar (blocks lined up to make a U, then put a drop-box one square from the bottom. I was Lucario, Bowser as my opponent and used the "LOLbox" to get the 999Combo. But everyone knows that, just saying my implementation of it. And yes, it is ****ed funny when you got 4 people in it.

Zenonfury

Smash Cadet
Ya its a good idea.but its nothing "new" haha.. a better stage would be half of the bottom floor drop boxes =D then you always have to watch where you are and could fall down easily heh

LiQViD

Smash Cadet
I made something similar awhile back. It's like this:

SPIKES--SPIKES
|----------------|
|----------------|
|----------------|
|----------------|
|\____--____/|

There is a hole in the bottom center and top center for people to fly out from. Typical deaths occur at around 300-400% although kills can be had with good use of uairs or spikes. The spikes at the top ensure that nobody trys to avoid going inside when they respawn or get flung out.

If you make this map using the small size then it can be really fun because your opponent usually ends up bouncing around and stopping right beside where they were originally flung from. Making for some amusing combos.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
First do a small sized level. Line the entire perimeter of the level with solid blocks, then delete one of the blocks on the top and replace it with one of those bricks that falls when you stand on it for too long.

Do a timed brawl with 3 CPUs and stand on that brick right at the beginning. Hopefully when you fall down the CPUs will follow you. Now wait for the brick to reappear.

Congratulations! You are now stuck in what I like to call the "LOLbox". This is why I suggest a timed match: It is literally impossible to escape, aside from certain characters' final smashes.
You can also just line the top with spikes instead of blocks - people will spawn inside of it, rather than having to lure them through a falling block hole.

Also, this is not, hands down, the best stage ever. Sorry.

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
it's been done before.
My stage, it's a large stage, a giant box with 1 hole at the top, and the box's area takes up 80% of the stage, start on top,go down, except for final smashes, and some people 2 jump, wall jump, and 3rd jump. u can't get out (here's looking at u toon link)

1 stock, 3min. only bumpers. get about 200% damage,and your bouncing around like a pinball!!!

Guildenstern

Smash Apprentice
For the 5000 Coins challenge I made an enclosed box, four tiles of floor at the bottom, four drop blocks as the ceiling, with two spike blocks on the ends to force everyone to stand on the drop blocks (S=spike, D=drop block ,B=solid block):

Code:
SDDDDS
B    B
B    B
B    B
B    B
BBBBBB
I then plugged in four Wavebird receivers all set to the same channel, and proceeded to fight with myself for coins. It was pretty funny. I got 5000 coins in just a few minutes.

For a REAL Cage Match stage, though, I did this:

Code:
SS  SS
B    B
     B
B     
     B
BBBBBB
This way, you usually bounce around, but there are still opportunities to KO, and you have to be aware of what angle your attacks will send the opponent.

Sinbad

Smash Rookie
I haven't read everyone's reply's so if someone already said this I apologize. First off there is an easier way to do this... Make a box then line the top with spikes. Bingo! You then automatically spawn inside the box, you don't have to have the falling down box and all that stuff. So I hate to say it but it is not the best stage ever. :laugh:

xandeR-

Smash Apprentice
Jeez. You people haven't gotten the true box right yet. Here's the format:

Small stage format
Walls are regular blocks, floor is ice blocks.
Ceiling there's treadmills pushing towards a falling block in the middle of the stage.

That is the perfect box.

For extra fun, take four level 4 CPUs (has to be level 4. Higher levels tech off the walls.).
The CPUs should be two Kirbys and two of whatever you want. The other two characters should have interesting final smashes that cater to the box.

Put the following items on high: Smash Balls, Bob-Oms, Bumpers, Green Turtle Shells, Smart Bombs, Containers

The stage locks in the players with the respawning falling block but still allows for KOs as the items fall on the treadmill above, sliding onto the block which falls again.

Every item deals awesome damage and/or sends people flying.

The key to this whole thing is the Kirbys in the box. His final smash will not only suck in players, but items as well. When it's over, it spits out MORE items. I've had it spit out all Bob-Oms and all Smart Bombs, which is hilarious.

Pretty much every character hits 999% at least once in a half hour game with this method.

WhispplaysFOX

Smash Rookie
Yeah When doing this though you NEED to remember to have full items on and do the falling box one level below the top of the stage with 2 moving platforms to obtain easier access to that top falling brick
-_-----_-----_-
- - -

---_---_---_---
<---Note these is not falling bricks

You do this so the smash balls that come out of the "Box" are still accesable through that top slot because you can still hit them none the less (its great watching 4 999% fight over a smash ball at this area) Some smashes like Foxs, will take you out of the box giving you the ability to controls what goes in, and what goes out. Or a smash like Ikes will take the others and KO them out of the box.

The High item drop is also crucial because say the 4 of you are stuck in there, the only way to get out is a smash ball attack (only with some charaters) or a item ramdomly dropping on the falling brick

Sure its fun hitting $hit around all day, but this makes it more of a challenge to win

(note: Snorlax will also get them out of the box)

Bacon Man11

Smash Journeyman

That's been thought of... oh well. :dizzy:

Top Bottom