• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have had a hard time killing peach.....

Appdude

Smash Cadet
Turnip, throw turnip, Grab while I'm in hitstun, D throw, F air, F air.......
It's getting annoying trying to kill people who do nothing but this. Not even reacting to anything I do, just following a combo plan, and thats it.

I would like to know....what are peach's weaknesses?

All I could figure was having projectiles....but I don't like to win by just mindlessly chucking crap at the opponent until I win.
But I don't like to lose to an opponent that mindlessly follows a combo blueprint until they win....

Any help?

(Ima Ike main fyi)

manueluno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
manolonoe
Dude, you have the sword. Disjointed hitboxes are great against Peach. Also she is not very fast, thou Ike is not either.

Catch the turnip or shield it and space correctly.

DI away of the fair, or use your counter as a combobreaker.

Last edited:

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
literally get peach offstage and fair. peach is extremely weak vs disjointed characters like ike. if she gets in shield just bait a grab while you're jumping around then punish. this matchup is very hard for peach.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
There's lot of flaws to her you can exploit:
  • As mentioned, disjointed hitboxes are good. Since she's a melee fighter, all her limbs are at risk when she throws out attacks. Sword characters will have an advantage against that.
  • Also her fair is slow - this is her go-to range and kill move, but it has a 16 frame startup time. You can hit her before that with lots of things.
  • If you haven't learned already, be very versed on how to punish dair on shield. Once you can hit between her kicks, a lot of Peach's free pressure game becomes harder to pull off. Lots of characters can jump out of shield and nair, or usmash, utilt.
  • Also, instathrow turnips back at her. Turnips are pretty mediocre, but they lead into combos. Ignore them and hit her back by just instant-throwing them back.
  • Also, like any character with a counter, bait it out Toad and hard punish. It's easier against Peach since her fair is so slow. If she's not winding up fair and is trying to land in front of you, she's obviously trying to trick you with Toad.
  • Side-step Peach Bomber and punish the lag when she misses, or shield it and hit her when she bounces off shield.
  • And also simply pestering her our of float can be very discouraging. Her float isn't very fast, and Peachs that rely on it can become very discouraged if you simply bop them with projectiles whenever they try to approach with it.

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
I dunno why bu this thread makes me uncomfortable! lol
Stop giving away all our weaknesses you traitors XD

No seriously excellent advice in here. I might also add that characters with counters and good throws (OOS grabs) can do some work on Peach since many people play her like the aggressive melee character she is.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I have trouble against Peach players too and I'm a Lucina player, but once you've set your mind to utilizing the length of your sword, her advantages against Ike should be at minimal levels.

Top Bottom