• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a question about the Smash Ultimate Switch Edition,

IcYWoLf82

Smash Rookie
So I am heading off to boot camp this month on October 30th, graduating on December 28th, and after that I will be heading to tech school. In tech school I would like to buy a nintendo switch and the new Smash game when it comes out, but shipping it there is a bit tricky. It would be significantly easier if I pre-ordered it before I went in, with the activation code attached to it, and have my parents bring it to me. However, I'm not getting explicit enough information from reading the description of the item, where it says the activation code will activate on December 7th.

My question is, will I have to wait to redeem the code on December 7th, or can I redeem it now and it will automatically activate itself on december 7th? If I pre-order it now, and it turns out I have to wait until December 7th to redeem the code, I will be attempting to redeem it in a state different than what I had pre-ordered it in and the code might not work at all.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
The code should activate before launch, but it won’t download the game until launch. That’s how it is with other consoles.

JadeRock 5599

Smash Cadet
In a different state? I don't see why it wouldn't work. Isn't the different ehsops just based on like US or Japan? Not different states. You could make a new account maybe and put in the new address? Or just not set it up until you can download the game?

Not entirely sure, but I can't see different states being an issue

IcYWoLf82

Smash Rookie
The code should activate before launch, but it won’t download the game until launch. That’s how it is with other consoles.
In a different state? I don't see why it wouldn't work. Isn't the different ehsops just based on like US or Japan? Not different states. You could make a new account maybe and put in the new address? Or just not set it up until you can download the game?

Not entirely sure, but I can't see different states being an issue
I think I'll just buy it after it's released around December 30th. I was concerned bout it being sold out since it's near christmas so I was thinking about pre-ordering it, but thanks for the advice and feedback

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
My question is, will I have to wait to redeem the code on December 7th, or can I redeem it now and it will automatically activate itself on december 7th? If I pre-order it now, and it turns out I have to wait until December 7th to redeem the code, I will be attempting to redeem it in a state different than what I had pre-ordered it in and the code might not work at all.
I don't think different states will be an issue. It's based on nation. Plus, redeeming an online code will probably be easier than buying it in the stores.
So I am heading off to boot camp this month on October 30th, graduating on December 28th, and after that I will be heading to tech school.
I would like to thank you for making the decision to serve our country. It means a lot, and I hope things go well for you.

Last edited:

IcYWoLf82

Smash Rookie
I don't think different states will be an issue. It's based on nation. Plus, redeeming an online code will probably be easier than buying it in the stores.

I would like to thank you for making the decision to serve our country. It means a lot, and I hope things go well for you.
Thank you very much

Top Bottom