• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a few questions

Dedgehog

Smash Rookie
I few a couple questions. I'm fairly new to the game and I play Falcon. Sometimes when I'm playing I try to dash dance but it doesn't come out. I end up doing this stupid looking thing where my character keeps turning around in place and I don't know how to fix it. Also I have another question on how to tech chase with Falcon. It seems like half of the time I'm trying to tech chase, the opponent just spot dodges or rolls out after the tech. Even if I know where they tech and am standing right next to them, I can't seem to punish it. One last thing, for some reason I can't jump consistently out of an up throw, and I can't follow up. Any help would be great, thanks.

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Sometimes when I'm playing I try to dash dance but it doesn't come out. I end up doing this stupid looking thing where my character keeps turning around in place and I don't know how to fix it.
You're pressing your first dash input too early and getting a turn around instead. There is a fair amount of lag when turning where you can't dash. Since you can't dash, your smash input back causes you to turn again instead of dash.
Also I have another question on how to tech chase with Falcon. It seems like half of the time I'm trying to tech chase, the opponent just spot dodges or rolls out after the tech. Even if I know where they tech and am standing right next to them, I can't seem to punish it.
Tech chasing is very hard. From the sound of it, you should focus on more basic tech skill. If they are escaping your tech chases, it means you are too slow. Act sooner or be faster. It's all about timing and you'll get it with experience.
One last thing, for some reason I can't jump consistently out of an up throw, and I can't follow up.
You're pressing jump too early. It's all about timing and you'll get it with experience.

Top Bottom