• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate spammers.

Krath

Smash Cadet
For some reason, I can't beat spammers when I'm Ike. I mean, I win sometimes, but Ike's not fast enough to out-spam them. Wolf is one of the most annoying spammers. I don't think I've ever played one that doesn't spam. Any tips to beating spammers, besides 'get better'?

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
I have the same problem. But I am so bad I even get owned by Links who spam their Bombs and so on on me. I just try to stay close to him so he won't use projectiles but offcourse I am a noob so you should probably wait untill a good player answers. :-)

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
depends on the opponent. expect to hear that response a LOT for this game, lol.

ike vs. wolf: i actually use both these guys, but i havent fought against one with the other much. ike's shorthop n-air should be good though, it keeps a lot of people back. if wolf is laser spamming, his jab might cancel it if timed right (im going to definitely test this out now that i think about it)

but im trying to think of it from the perspective "what can ike do to f up my wolf's game" cuz im a spammer too, haha. it just feels so great to use his f-smash :chuckle:

anyone with better ideas are welcome to step up xD

Krath

Smash Cadet
"besides 'get better'?"

This is why you can not beat spammers.
Troll, leave.

Anyway, I usually tend to use someone like Meta Knight or ZSS. Should I just stick to counter picking, or should I stay with Ike?

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
Troll, leave.

Anyway, I usually tend to use someone like Meta Knight or ZSS. Should I just stick to counter picking, or should I stay with Ike?
I didnt think he was trolling, he kinda makes a point, in an indirect and non-helpful way, lol. improving in overall skill will always be good for you, but it should just be understood. thats why "get better" is bad advice, haha.

anyway, counter picking is probably a good idea. counters are going to be WAY more important in brawl than they were in melee because of the more diverse fighting styles and enormous roster and diminished technical skill requiremnt (for now).

for ike, i think the campers are going to pose the biggest threat. against a pit, rob, olimar, etc. i'd definitely switch ike out.

Krath

Smash Cadet
I didnt think he was trolling, he kinda makes a point, in an indirect and non-helpful way, lol. improving in overall skill will always be good for you, but it should just be understood. thats why "get better" is bad advice, haha.

anyway, counter picking is probably a good idea. counters are going to be WAY more important in brawl than they were in melee because of the more diverse fighting styles and enormous roster and diminished technical skill requiremnt (for now).

for ike, i think the campers are going to pose the biggest threat. against a pit, rob, olimar, etc. i'd definitely switch ike out.
I know that 'get better' would help me; I'm just asking for tips against spammers.

I actually think campers are a lot easier than people who spam fsmash, dsmash, etc.

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
Get better. Dodge, perfect shield, air dodge, stop sucking.

Ike pwns
the most general, useless advice to give anyone, good job ;]

if you get better at all these things, youll be better against anyone you play against, thats just game basics. when someone asks for tips, you assume that they want case specific information, not general game play instructions.

i dont mean to trash talk, but we just went over this like right in the last post, lol.

anyway. in addition to just getting better, you should consider approaches. if you can get around projectile spamming with ike, youre on the right track. his slowness/heaviness make that spam easy to go for. but you should list more examples of specific things that are spammed against you and it would be easier to list ways to deal with it, if ike can even handle it (if not, thats when you consider counter picks against the opposing character)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Air dodge to b-air, or, keep rolling, eventually they'll try something else when you get close, and use f-tilt or d smash to get them off you. That last part is very situational, like if you get right in front or behind them. jab, or if they keep rolling into like an ***, use d smash. F tilt is for when they dodge but go right for an attack. You need to see that coming before hand though, so a small lil mind game is needed there.

That any more helpful? >.<

Arcanejazz

Smash Apprentice
Air dodge to b-air, or, keep rolling, eventually they'll try something else when you get close, and use f-tilt or d smash to get them off you. That last part is very situational, like if you get right in front or behind them. jab, or if they keep rolling into like an ***, use d smash. F tilt is for when they dodge but go right for an attack. You need to see that coming before hand though, so a small lil mind game is needed there.

That any more helpful? >.<
yeah, "situational" is a very important word here, lol. thats why im waiting for examples at this point.

youre on the clock, krath! :mad: lol jk

Krath

Smash Cadet
When I play a Wolf, it's always dsmash and fsmash. It's never once in a row, either. His dsmash is faster than probably all of Ike's attacks, except the Jab.
With other characters, it's usually just fsmash. Most I can beat, but it's some that are just annoying, like Wolf.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
When I play a Wolf, it's always dsmash and fsmash. It's never once in a row, either. His dsmash is faster than probably all of Ike's attacks, except the Jab.
With other characters, it's usually just fsmash. Most I can beat, but it's some that are just annoying, like Wolf.
Wolf is annoying as hell, but usually just shielding the hell out of him and punishing with the A combo works for me.

Meh, most of my tactics vary for character to character.

xJin678

Smash Cadet
It's actually not that hard to powershield Wolf's laser since it's moves at a considerable speed. If the spammer is basically spamming b and shoots in the same rhythm, it's not hard to powershield at all. Just run, shield, run, shield, etc

Krath

Smash Cadet
I'm not talking about the laser. Sure, they use it, but I usually don't get hit by it. The smashes are the most annoying part.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
No, I've punished Wolf. if you shield it, you can jab his ***. And i hate fighting Wolf, so I would know.

Also, wtf, this was suppose to be about campers, not "OMG HOW DO I BEAT WOLFZ!!!??"

Ikepwnsyou

Smash Cadet
get better

JUST KIDDING! lol anyway i have the same problem with pit, everytime i turn around im being hit by one of his arrows!!!! anyway i would suggest, to keep moving, and when he stops moving, get some hits on him.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Use platforms, or get a character that isn't terrible against characters with ranged attacks.

EDIT: Post above me wins one internets.

This is why Ike isn't that great, very hard time against campers.

In this situation, my advice would most definately counterpick to something else. Granted your good with said character your counterpicking to.

Monjula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AdrianMonjula
3DS FC
5215-1057-8129
learn to perfect shield
lern2reedthredlulz

Obviously if you had done this, you might have given good advice. Or just gone and lol'd up some other topic.

How about something constructive? Like...

Ike Vs. Wolf is more of a one sided match than you'd think. If you're doing a stage like FD it's moreso. Get out of their laser reach and spam back at them with forward b. Or if you hate waiting like that, or they can counter with their laser anyway, then you're going to have to do a lot of good air/ground dodging.

I know that spammer Wolf can be annoying with their laser / f-smash / u-smash, but if you can manage to get above them, try to do a neutral b on their heads a few times.

Or if you really want to beat a Wolf's face in, learn Ness, Marth, or Pit. =]

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
I play against Wolf all the time. Just go to FD. They think it's great for them because it's wide open. Instead it gives them nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. You can easily learn to powershield his laser in 10-15 mins. After that just shorthop about the fair distance away from him, without doing anything and then fastfall. If he uses fsmash you can shield and then grab him, or shield and then bair. If he doesn't fall for it, shorthop again and hit him off with fair.

Also, nair hits him out of his rolls, so that should work as well. And don't forget counter, if he spams anything, you'll know when it comes right? So counter it.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
^This

Wolf ***** much more on plat forms since he has areas to out maneuver Ike, because his laser is balls against power shielders.
He can camp under platforms too which is annoying as hell. I mean everything is beatable but dam is it annoying tp fight a 'smart" camper. :ohwell:

Top Bottom