• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate people who...

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I don't even know what my worst match-ups are.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
I hate people who make pointless threads to complain about pointless things.
It ain't pointless mate. Im addressing that characters who have bad matchups just should not exist in this day and age and I am bringing up the fact that people exploit anything in this game even a tier list.

DodgeDusk

Smash Rookie
NNID
DodgeDusk
3DS FC
3668-8055-4125
If they're playing to win, they're going to try and take any advantage they can get. That's just how it works. If you're having problems against a specific match-up, try and look for ways to beat it. Adaptability is important

As for bad match-ups not being a thing, Smash (and maybe most, if not all competitive [fighting game] scenes) are always going to have characters that fare better against certain characters, and have a harder time fighting others

Vaughngief

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3265-5520-0241
Counter picking. Welcome to the fighting game community.

ChooChoo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4399-0342-2350
It ain't pointless mate. Im addressing that characters who have bad matchups just should not exist in this day and age and I am bringing up the fact that people exploit anything in this game even a tier list.
Dude, Smash Is not just a fighting game, it's also a homage to every franchise inculded in it. Are you expecting Ike to have projectiles and tools to deal with every single strategy? Every character is different, that's the point of the game!
Also, damn online players, how dare they try to maximize their chances to win without your consent?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I highly suggest you find another game to play then. Specifically a different genre. Characters have bad matchups. They need to for the fighting game to be balanced. For a day straight, I've witnessed you ******** and moaning in multiple threads about this. People that complain like you don't get better. If you want to deal with it, you open your mind to adapting and learning from your opponents moves and your own mistakes. Not complain on the internet about how this game isn't fair to the character you like. With that said, I'm going to bed. I hope you take my advice on getting better. These threads are a damn eyesore and more pop up daily.

Last edited:

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445

I highly suggest you find another game to play then. Specifically a different genre. Characters have bad matchups. They need to for the fighting game to be balanced. For a day straight, I've witnessed you *****ing and moaning in multiple threads about this. People that complain like you don't get better. If you want to deal with it, you open your mind to adapting and learning from your opponents moves and your own mistakes. Not complain on the internet about how this game isn't fair to the character you like. With that said, I'm going to bed. I hope you take my advice on getting better. These threads are a damn eyesore and more pop up daily.
Trust me I am trying to get better it's the first time I am playing a smash game so what can I expect. Plus this IS a game all about matchup knowledge+reads like SF4..... Yeah I will be quiet for like 3 months and come back with what I think. Sorry Pheonix.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Like I said before dude pick up some secondaries than can compliment your Ike. I don't think there is a single character in this game that can successfully take on every single character on the roster competently-at least not at this point. There are some characters that do better against some and others that do better against others.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Matchup-based balance is better than total imbalance, in my opinion.

Helps that I very rarely play the same character twice against the same random opponent.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
If there are no characters with bad match ups that means that there can be no characters that are good match ups, because if one is good the other has to be bad. If there are no good or bad match ups then every character is exactly the same. Imagine Red Pit, Blue Pit, Australian Pit, Clown Pit, we'd have to deal with that if all match ups were even.

Top Bottom