• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate noob spammers..

aznegglover

Smash Journeyman
So sometimes I play with my bro against his friend and his bro after school

My brother's friend's brother is ALWAYS Pikachu

And ALL he does is spam Thunder. Seriously. He'll STAND in ONE spot shocking himself

Really really annoying

And once, he was Game and Watch. I was like, YAY, A NEW CHAR

Ends up spamming GnW's number-hammer thingy (side B), Sausages, and Blowgun thingy

zxjgpeoigjawgjpawe

Yaya

Smash Champion
Use a character with a projectile, Or just wait until the lag frames after the attack and punish him.

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
lol if you get annoyed at that look at pit -_- i hate pit especially the OMG HE'S RIGHT NEXT TO ME i think ill run away and SPAM SOME MORE. I'm pretty sure i speak for everyone that hey live with it cuz sakurai made the game like that which i hate

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
At least they're not spamming Pit's >B.
And those B moves have lag after, which will leave you time to attack. The G&W's jab, just DI.
Or you can use characters with projectiles or one that can reflect Thunder and the Frying Pan.

aznegglover

Smash Journeyman
Oh, Pit's side B pisses me off too @.@

And Ike/Meta Knight don't have projectiles @.@ (my main/2nd)

And yea, it's usually what I do. Stand near enough to hit him, far away enough not to GET hit, and then smack the hell out of him once Thunder's done :D

Although, the ending parts of Thunder (when Pikachu goes all fizzy) sometimes end up hitting me =/

Moral of post: SPAMMERS CAN GO BURN IN HELL

itsameSMB

Smash Journeyman
I can stand newb spammers, since that's how I started out. But noob spammers must be shown why it's only okay when you are starting out. Just remember this: every move can be overrode by another. If he keeps using thunder hit him with projectiles and in between bolts, either smash him with the c-stick or do a quick moving attack.

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
You're Ike, and the Thunder is the biggest problem for you? Just Dodge, then Dashing A or Sh Fair, your biggest problem should be his lighting projectile.

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Teach him a lesson by throwing Falco's reflector into his Thunder. He'll either have to cut it out or end up slowly killing himself.

R3v3nant

Smash Cadet
You could just wait until Pikachu lags then dash attack, dash grab or short hop fair him.

Apollo

BRoomer
BRoomer
My new favorite for my friend who spams thunder is Lucas/Ness's PSI Magnet. They feel so dumb when they heal me - it even gets the shockwave of pika's body

Johnny Smash

Smash Cadet
Pikachu's thunder bolts seem faster in this one but still seems like there's enough time to throw a smash attack on him right after. Projectiles don't sound like a great idea to me because Pikachu can pretty much still chase you while spamming thunder.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
I feel your thunderspam pain mah friend.
"I'm busy right now, you wanna fight my sister instead?"
And when that happens, not only does he not know what he's doing, but then when he plays as Pikachu it is just DOWNBDOWNBDOWNB.
To get back at him I spammed Pit's side B.

And when that failed, I changed the rules to 2.0 damage raitio with 8 stock and then played as Pikachu and spammed the thunder.

Ganny

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu can spam faster than you can use a second attack most of the time which means the bolt will edge towards you. You are just preventing the inevitable.

To stop spam attacks you can look for a pattern and roll so you land in between the attacks. You will eventually get hit but it will minimize the damage done to you.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
yeah, spammers suck. But they're not that hard to beat if you keep composure.

I went 3-5 with a a spammy Pit. I lost 5 in a row, then I realized what I needed to do to beat him, then I won the next 3.

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
For Pit's arrows, if he spams his arrows he's probably gonna get you the first time but shield after, and dodge towards him when it comes again, dodge toward, dodge toward until you're too close and he's gonna go for the close-up attacks, which you would shield/dodge and punish.

The Green Marth

Smash Cadet
yea i also have a friend who spam's pichachus thunder. Well, since you dont know what to do ill give you some options:
1. dodge, wait for the lag frames and then use a smash attack
2. live with it
3. Give him some of his own medicine by move spamming on him, then mabey he will realize how anoying it is and stop doing it to other people.
4. tell your brother's friend to not let his brother play at all.
5. Quit brawl and become a hobo
6. make a taunt message that says "spammers = noob", mabey he will stop

I hope that helps, except for mabey #5 lol

aznegglover

Smash Journeyman
@rove: It's through Wi-Fi. The moment someone invents something that allows people to reach through the TV and strangle their opponent, he'll be a millionaire

@Marth: @4: Can't tell him w/o D/Cing the match, @5, LMFAO, @6, lol

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
I main PT so i got a few projectiles to deal with the spammachhus of this world....if you're an ike main then try to KO pikachu at low % with your fsmash...if he's spamming thunder then you should have time between the first thunder hitting him and the sparks flying and the second thunder coming down to get in range and smack him , after that hold guard for the oncoming thunder and try to dodge if you think you can.

FmAiGkGeO

Smash Cadet
Pit is the noob spammer IMO. The angel ring you can not DI behind them, which is especially annoying. The arrows are unnecessary. They add an extra 30-40 seconds to each matches length. It's just boring to dodge, roll, dodge roll. The arrow spammer always thinks they're going to hit one out of the million times they try also.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Pit is the noob spammer IMO. The angel ring you can not DI behind them, which is especially annoying. The arrows are unnecessary. They add an extra 30-40 seconds to each matches length. It's just boring to dodge, roll, dodge roll. The arrow spammer always thinks they're going to hit one out of the million times they try also.
When I'm not pecking away letters on the Wii-mote, I'll give this post a propper response.

Just wait... there'll be plenty of negativity.

Top Bottom