• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate fighting Pit users...

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
Pit is way too broken

He has super high priority on all his moves and that recovery isnt fair. It gets really frusterating sometimes.

he doesnt have any glaring weaknesses at all.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
If I ever fight a Pit user I just Din's fire spam. They eventually realise that my fire can deal more than their arrows, and get closer. From then on just dodge his attacks, and rush in with a dash, u-smash, etc.

I don't find Pit too hard. Sonic, however is a beast online for me.

epfftactics

Smash Rookie
God I hate fighting pit.

Not because hes broken, but because his f>b makes the most annoying sound in the world.
I love pits over B.
Plus, the sound it makes is no where as annoying as Landmasters or that "Thu/To" noise that everyone of Sheik's attacks seemed to make in melee.

As far as this topic goes, he doesn't seem broken. Its isn't too hard to stop his B-up usually and he can get knocked around quite easily because of his weight.
His B-over is kind of annoying to get stuck in, but all you have to do is learn to predict it, roll back, and counter with some strong move because Pit is stuck using the move for a a little while.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I dont know if he is officially broken... but is a character with a lot of advantages!!, definitely.

He was supposed to lack in KO moves, like mK,--- but thats not the case. He has hidden sweespots in his "weak" moves that kill a lot.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
I dont know if he is officially broken... but is a character with a lot of advantages!!, definitely.

He was supposed to lack in KO moves, like mK,--- but thats not the case. He has hidden sweespots in his "weak" moves that kill a lot.
ftilt, fsmash, bair, and if you're lucky, the last hit of uair...not that amazing.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
Him and Metaknight are both hard to fight, because they both have very fast decent-range attacks with ridiculously high priority. I've also found Pit a lot harder to fight, but thats mainly because one of my friends mains him. He's tough for sure, but by no means unbeatable. Some of his attacks have a lot of lag if you can approach from the right direction (and yes, I'm talking about Side-B). ;p

Tien2500

Smash Lord
>B isn't that bad. You can DI out of it easily and its laggy if it misses. His arrows are annoying but not good enough to be broken. He is not as bad at KOing as MK but he still has some problems. Pit is pretty good but I can deal with him well enough.

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
i own pit all the time with rob. his arrow is reflected by ROB side B. after it reflect like 2 times. pit user tend to do something else like moving into combat. when they do i throw a top at him and lasers. etc. bash continue. when distance is spread again, pit user like to spam more arrows and ROB just reflect some more and repeat.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
I hate fighting Marth and Toon Link and Pikachu and ROB and DeDeDe and Peach and Falco and Sheik but you don't see me complaining. :dizzy:

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
Pit is my main,although I don't have the the game yet.I'm sure I will enjoy playing with him. He needs a good recovery because his body is so light.

ThePUNK

Smash Apprentice
If you dont like playing pit then you would hate to play me online because Im killer with him! But its my marth that you should fear more

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I suppose I haven't play any extremely good Pits because it seems like most that I've played tend to make a awful lot of mistakes mostly because I've F-smash at least a dozen of them with Ike due to them being too busy spamming this or that.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I'm a Pit main and I can tell you he's far from broken. People aren't use to the game or to him yet. He's newb friendly is all.

His kill moves are relatively weaker then others. They don't reliably KO until above 150%.

Pit's up-B is his biggest blessing, and his largest curse. The fact that it isn't an attack, and that it's slow makes it very easy to gimp if you build the courage to go after him. Don't say that this isn't a problem because Pit can glide. Gliding has the same troubles that Up-B has.

His arrows aren't spammable if you keep approaching. He'll only get one arrow on you before it's not safe for him to use them.

Pit's aerials are easily worked around. They have short reach vertically, and horizontally, plus they come out slow.

The side-B is beat by just full jumping, or rolling behind. It's not too hard.

Commodity

Smash Rookie
Good Meta Knight users are worse.

Shame so many people just play him because hes cool, but have no idea how to use him.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Pit lacks Melee range.

I would care more about how much Marth is broken...:laugh:

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
If I ever fight a Pit user I just Din's fire spam. They eventually realise that my fire can deal more than their arrows, and get closer. From then on just dodge his attacks, and rush in with a dash, u-smash, etc.

I don't find Pit too hard. Sonic, however is a beast online for me.
Have you tried this? I see a flaw in it: Your Din's Fire is slow, while Pit's arrows are fast. His arrows hit you, and you lose control of you Fire. Repeat process until you suicide out of frustration.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I think Wolf is considered more broken than Pit, really...

But Pit is annoying, especially with those arrows and incredibly annoying recovery. But I'm learning to get around it despite building up unwanted damage.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
I dunno I have been winning my matches with pit with minimal uses of side B and ^ B. I like to improvise, I like bringing people in the air with my but at a distance pelt them with arrows. As for recovering, I only use a single jump then glide. The only time I use ^ B is if I chase someone down beneath th stage to kill them.

I use my side B to mostly just reflect that rotating sun item back at the enemy while giving a few percentages of damage.

Dunno why people use those two moves so often....I just think there are better abilities in his arsenal.

Oh and before you ask I do win most of my online fights, mostly without losing a single life *shrugs*

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
If you hit him out of his UpB when he's off the stage, he dies.
u owned the thread starter bro
yes, pits recovery is by far the worst and best at the same time
he's unable to activate his wings a second time in mid air, i know tiers are basically non-existant in brawl because if the amazing character balancing, but pit's garbage tier without the rest of his advantages
i have brawl, and already ive been thrashing online pits left and right, a fast projectile character or flying character can kick the **** out of his upB, i consistantly 4/1 or 3/1 stock my friends playing pit online, and they aint nubs

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
I think Wolf is considered more broken than Pit, really...

But Pit is annoying, especially with those arrows and incredibly annoying recovery. But I'm learning to get around it despite building up unwanted damage.
wolf? na, hes good but the lag on some of his attacks are rediculous, gun is too slow, he's kinda heavy, reflector comes out too slow, his hit box sizes seem to lack...
overall faster characters seem to get around him too easy

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Do you hate FIGHTING Pit users or LOSING TO Pit users? My friend's just like you, and the constant complaining has gotten to the point where it's very annoying. Just find a way around it.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Do you hate FIGHTING Pit users or LOSING TO Pit users? My friend's just like you, and the constant complaining has gotten to the point where it's very annoying. Just find a way around it.
I remember when I used to hear people complain about Fox in Melee. "Uh! They made him to fast! People who play as Fox are cheap!" Fox was my main in Melee, and after I would beat the crap out of my friends with him, they would say, "You didn't really win, because you used the cheapest character in the game. Play as a character who actually requires some skill to play as." It almost always seems like the character that someone has the hardest time beating will become the character that they consider to be the "cheapest" or most "broken".

Top Bottom