• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I guess I'll discuss RPG, since nobody else is

kungfurabbits

Smash Apprentice
although that could be because there hasn't been one in a while.

I was in the RPG that started in August of 2005. I remember doing really good and being very close to the top of the rankings. That was however until I got glitched into being forever stuck in a bot battle and couldn't exit it which happened to a few other people.

So anyway, I'm just curious as of when the last RPG (which I assume was the one i was in) ended and if there were other problems that continued to show throughout.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
i remember back when i joined a little over a year ago there was an rpg that had cool little avatar people. then after a board upgrade there was the one that I had maximum money in.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
There is no RPG right now, will there be one up eventually though? Another forum where I go, it has a great RPG, I play it a lot, and enjoy it very much, I could really enjoy playing an RPG here.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Yeah, I could make one but I dont wanna spend money for a hosting domain that can support it, and I dont have money for a laptop(I shouldnt, im 14 lol), but unless sum1 organizes a fundraiser for it, u would see it online for a long time.

Cuzizkool

BRoomer
BRoomer
It was.... not... a game, persay. Like, with graphics/motion/etc. But it was great. Hard to explain, really. I'll let someone else do it.

Admins, get off your lazy ***** and do something. Bring the old one back, make a new one... it's been over half a year. Do something. The only reason I come to this site is for the RPG. Kinda sad that I check back once every few weeks, with the depleting hope that the RPG is back up, or a new one is up. We sent PMs, we made petitions... Dude... the admins here pretty much suck ***. xD

There even was a time where I was hesitant to member bash (or in this case, admin bash), but at this point... no. Admins here are lazy, and don't care about the members who played the RPG. Therefor, by logical deduction, the Admins suck. :)

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
I will explain it. So many people come asking what it was, I'll explain one more time.

It was not smash related, but you would have a character with a certain class which would determine your stats. you would buy items to boost ur stats more, and finally, you could fight either bots or friends in a very simple turn based method of attacking or casting spells. there was also a side game of triad cards which i though was cool because if you had enough money collecting all the cards was quite fun.

overall i did not like the rpg as much as the first one i saw on this site. i would appreciate a new rpg very much so.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Excellent point Kuziz, I like your logic, yeah chump. Remember when this place was actually fun?
yeah lol. it's just that... during my time at SWF the whole forum has somehow gone completely haywire for the love of smash. i mean... the tournament scene was good before, but now it's larger than ever, with several tournaments being run every weekend nationwide.

take a retro look: RPG's were taken down, post count was disallowed from forum games, and the smash section was moved on top of the general section... and now the most visited rooms are regional zones and character specific, which are fairly new compared to all the other rooms. we had an f-zero world and a pokemon section but those were only during the times the games were popular, which pale in comparison to the living value of smash.

with brawl coming out soon, there will be a lot of non-smash noob action once again. the brawl section will be teeming with noobs just like melee discussion once was four years ago, except with an exponentially larger amount of noobs. brawl is going to be huge. more members --> more forum browsing --> more action in non-smash rooms. it'll be fun again... in due time.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I played the one with the cool avatar people that was here when I first came here in 04 or 05. But, the elements had WAY to big an effect and money was really hard to come by.

firemane43

Smash Cadet
.... I miss the RPG soooooo much. This place has gone to hell in a shoebox in my eyes.

Top Bottom