• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I guess... Hi.

NNID
User7a1
I made an account a few days back, but I didn't want to post anything until I settled in with the design of the forum (I'll get to that later...).

I played all the Smash games (aside from 4), so I have an idea of what it means to play each of them. To be frank, I don't know how to play Melee, but I do know my way with 64 and PM, so I am not too out in the blue. Made an account to see the competitive side of Smash after watching smash videos from VGBC and CT.
In 64, I main Kirby and Jigglypuff. And from Melee (I assume because I don't have access to it, but I do to PM) to 4, I main/will main Kirby, Jiggs, and Mr. Game & Watch (a secondary could be Young/Toon Link). Hopefully by next year I'll be able to compete at a tournament, mainly for 64 and Smash 4.

Outside of Smash, I run a relatively... crappy Youtube channel (under a different name), but it does its job. I also happen to be a moderator at another forum (a PC forum at that), so I am familiar with the bylaws of forums (this one has some interesting additions that make sense), and apart from that I'm going to be a university student soon.

So yeah, hi.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I must say, you use an interesting cast of characters (Kirby, Jigglypuff, G&W and the other iterations of Link).

But anyways...welcome to the forums!

What kind of things do you cover on your Youtube channel?

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
Just games I play, but I don't touch it often because other things come first. Just recently, I uploaded videos of me playing 64 (no commentary).
And the characters? They just feel fun to me to the point where I can play them "masterfully".

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, at least it sounds like you have your priorities straightened out. The quality is good to have when you're heading off to uni/college.

As for characters, my selections always come from 1) Do I like them outside of Smash?

Then, 2) Out of everyone I like, who did I feel works best for me?

The method has always worked for me and keeps me happy so it's what I'll continue to stick with.

NNID
User7a1
Problem with my characters was that when I thought I was good, I find out I wasn't (case in point, Ice Climbers and Mario). I ended up settling with KJM.
Maybe once I compete with people and not computers I could then try out different characters/strategies. Until then, it's punching Sandbag for hours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom