• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I got you Nook-haters pegged!

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
It is all thanks to one of my good friends. He too, makes shallow arguments regarding Tom Nook's inclusion, saying that he won't be in because he just dosen't fit the game. He dosen't fit. He dosen't fit. He is a raccoon. He won't fit. He wears an apron and sells things. He won't fit. I am not going to bore you with an obvious pwnage session today, but I will say this;

All the Nook-haters share the exact-same thing; lack of imagination... and an inferiority complex. This simply means that they just can't register a "kiddy" character to be in a game with other characters. Notice how ridiculous that is? It's true, don't deny it.

Nook-haters...

You REALLY, TRULY, SERIOUSLY, don't want Nook in do you?

Why?

No seriously, I am listening, why?

Give me a good reason why you don't want a popular 1st party character to smash alongside his Nintendo brethren. Why...

Tell me why you hold on so dearly to a technicality that holds no ground.

Tell me why....

Tell me why you are so stubborn to DEFEND a technicality against a 1st party character!

Help me understand why the vast majority of Nook-haters are silly children with an inferiority complex....

Why can't a franchise explore different genres? Mario did it, he is all over the dang place...

Show me one reason why you can't imagine a raccoon alongside other popular nintendo candidates.

Why do you not have any imagination in this aspect?

PROVE ME WRONG

You can't can you?

Exactly.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
People are allowed to dislike a character. I don't mind him, but seriously, man, it shouldn't bother you.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I would have no problem with Nook in Brawl as long as he's pulled off right.
However, I still believe he's not going to be playable.

Remember?

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
People dislike him thats all, then they ATTEMPT to find reason on why he shouldnt be in. Just like Sonic haters were =P But I support Tom Nook, I love AC XD

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
People are allowed to dislike a character. I don't mind him, but seriously, man, it shouldn't bother you.
It bothers me when I go through the effort of writing up a character, just to have the vast majority not even bother reading it and skipping it to just say the same old bull crap that I covered in my writeup.

Preety much, why when I take the time to write up something, do people not even acknowledge it, but FLAME my work because they have no imagination?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
We mainly do it because then you Nook-loves make beautiful little piles of laugh like this.
You're an idiot. I am not a, "Nook lover," I am a Mach Rider lover. XD

I just find it ******** how a character with a real high chance of being included is being "proven wrong" by things that are no real solid proof.

-.- double post.

Darkurai

Smash Master
You're an idiot. I am not a, "Nook lover," I am a Mach Rider lover. XD

I just find it ******** how a character with a real high chance of being included is being "proven wrong" by things that are no real solid proof.

-.- double post.
Why would Sakurai put him in the background of Smashville only to make him playable?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't hate Nook, in fact I wanted him in.

It's just... he's deconfirmed, and people really need to accept that. >_>

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Why would Sakurai put him in the background of Smashville only to make him playable?
because the level showcases the cast from Animal Crossing. Not having Tom Nook with them, especially seeing as how he played an important role in the game, would not be the same.

and again, having two characters in the same place is not unheard of. You are looking for reasons that are not there.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why isn't Mr. Resetti back there with them, Lavisfiend?

Arteen

Smash Lord
because the level showcases the cast from Animal Crossing. Not having Tom Nook with them, especially seeing as how he played an important role in the game, would not be the same.
You're in denial. Notice how Resetti has never appeared in the background with the rest? Why? Because he has a role as an assist trophy. Nothing more, nothing less. Why is Nook in the background? Because he has a role as a cameo character in the background. Nothing more, nothing less. That's all there is to it.

Darkurai

Smash Master

and again, having two characters in the same place is not unheard of. You are looking for reasons that are not there.
But Mr. Resetti has never been seen in the background of Smashville. He's an Assist Trophy.

And the only time a character has been seen in two places at once (completely ignoring two players being the same character, since that's done for the sake of gameplay) is in Fox and Falco's special taunts in Melee, and that doesn't count because you don't actually see them as much as you hear their voices and look at a picture.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
There is no precedent that says that players in the backround will not be playable. You know what deconfirms him? An AT. Or when we find out from the Japanese release on Jan 24.
Whatever you say... but you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. I guarantee it.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Hey, look what I found.

Can you say "Strike 3?"
Can you say, "technicality?"

When will you people learn...

The background/playable character thing has been done before already, not in smash, but in other games. That ALONE shows that it is not impossible...

FURTHERMORE, HAVING A CHARACTER RELEVANT TO THE SERIES AS A WHOLE TO REPRESENT A POPULAR SERIES IS "EXACTLY" HOW PLAYABLE CHARACTERS ARE CHOSEN!

You guys got nothing. Learn to deal and choke down the bitter pill that is truth. The background technicality has been proven wrong many times. Just look at other games. It has been done before, it will be done again...

Have a good day.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The background/playable character thing has been done before already, not in smash, but in other games. That ALONE shows that it is not impossible...
Are you seriously trying to say how Brawl's going to work with other games that have nothing to do with it?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
You're in denial. Notice how Resetti has never appeared in the background with the rest? Why? Because he has a role as an assist trophy. Nothing more, nothing less. Why is Nook in the background? Because he has a role as a cameo character in the background. Nothing more, nothing less. That's all there is to it.
Exactly. He has a different role to live up to. AT. Also, he pops out of the ground. How can you say he is not present, when he is already THERE underground, where he has always been?

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Since you've complained so muc habout people ignoring your points, I've kindly answered every one of your repetitive questions...

It is all thanks to one of my good friends. He too, makes shallow arguments regarding Tom Nook's inclusion, saying that he won't be in because he just doesn't fit the game. He doesn't fit. He doesn't fit. He is a raccoon. He won't fit. He wears an apron and sells things. He won't fit. I am not going to bore you with an obvious pwnage session today, but I will say this;
He does fit, but the reality of the situation is, he's a background feature, an upsetting one, but a reality nonetheless...

All the Nook-haters share the exact-same thing; lack of imagination... and an inferiority complex. This simply means that they just can't register a "kiddy" character to be in a game with other characters. Notice how ridiculous that is? It's true, don't deny it.
I deny it, and can register waht the concept is, but he's a feature of a stage, and therefore nigh impossible as a PC...

Nook-haters...
We don't all hate Nook, we just know he's confirmed.

You REALLY, TRULY, SERIOUSLY, don't want Nook in do you?
I wouldn't have minded him in, but he's deconfirmed, so it's largely irrelevant.

Because he's deconfirmed. (Don't ask the same question and expect a new response...)

No seriously, I am listening, why?
BECAUSE HE'S DECONFIRMED! (sorry to shou but you seem to have trouble understanding...

Give me a good reason why you don't want a popular 1st party character to smash alongside his Nintendo brethren. Why...
...for someone who has Nook denyers pegged, you sure seem a little slow...

Tell me why you hold on so dearly to a technicality that holds no ground.
It's not a technicality, HE'S A PART OF THE STAGE!

Tell me why....
You're really not getting this are you... it's kind of sad really...

Tell me why you are so stubborn to DEFEND a technicality against a 1st party character!
People tend to be stubborn about true things; I'm pretty darn stubborn that 2+2=4 too, I must be a terrible person...

Help me understand why the vast majority of Nook-haters are silly children with an inferiority complex....
I've met rocks that raised more intelligent arguments then you, who are you to judge.

Why can't a franchise explore different genres? Mario did it, he is all over the dang place..
It can, but Nook is being explored, AS A STAGE!

Show me one reason why you can't imagine a raccoon alongside other popular nintendo candidates.
i can imagine it flawlessly, but in addition to being beside them, he's also slightly behind them, BECAUSE HE'S PART OF THE STAGE!

i can imagine him in all I want, but he's still not in...

PROVE ME WRONG

^he's behind the rope...

You can't can you?
...I just did... ?

Exactly.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Are you seriously trying to say how Brawl's going to work with other games that have nothing to do with it?
and are you SERIOUSLY trying to defend a technicality that has been proven wrong?

Face it, you are gripping on the edge of a boat with a slippery edge...

You are going to fall.

T-major

Smash Champion
people... making Nook NOT appear in the backgound when you play as him is INCREADABLY simple! I don't understand why people can even lable that as an excuse!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
and are you SERIOUSLY trying to defend a technicality that has been proven wrong?

You are going to fall.
Yeah sure... on release day when Nook is nothing but a background guest.

It is the Nook fans who still believe that he has a chance that are holding on the smallest bit of hope. Honestly. I wanted Nook playable. He's just a guest in the background, though.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Other games have robust online multiplayer options that allows players to actually know who they're fighting. Does that mean Brawl will too? Nope. The "other games" argument holds water like the Titanic. I haven't seen Mario or Ike or Pikachu in the background of any stage.

FURTHERMORE, HAVING A CHARACTER RELEVANT TO THE SERIES AS A WHOLE TO REPRESENT A POPULAR SERIES IS "EXACTLY" HOW PLAYABLE CHARACTERS ARE CHOSEN!
Who says AC will get a rep?

You're in denial. There is absolutely no good reason to put Nook in the background if he's playable.

Bane

Smash Journeyman

You are going to fall.
...? The "technicality" hasn't been proven wrong, whether or not you can understand it's importance (apparently an insurmounatble obstacle for you) it's been confirmed in quite a few screenshots now...

And by the way, you ignored my lovingly prepared rebuttal... :(

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
people... making Nook NOT appear in the backgound when you play as him is INCREADABLY simple! I don't understand why people can even lable that as an excuse!
It's also incredibly stupid. Why would they even bother putting him in the background in the first place? Let's take a deep breath and face the facts, guys: Nook was deconfirmed. He'd have been a great fighter, but he's not going to be. Sorry.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Since you've complained so muc habout people ignoring your points, I've kindly answered every one of your repetitive questions...

He does fit, but the reality of the situation is, he's a background feature, an upsetting one, but a reality nonetheless...

He is part of the stage, but he, as a playable character, is not.

I deny it, i can register it, but he's a feature of a stage, and therefore nigh impossible as a PC...
No he is not. You are just being stubborn.

Yes you do. Good boy.

I wouldn't have minded him in, but he's deconfirmed, so it's largely irrelevant.

No he is not. You complain about ME being repetitive?

Because he's deconfirmed.

No he is not.

BECAUSE HE'S DECONFIRMED!
HAT GOES ON FOOT!

I can say the same for you, using a flawed technicality as "evidence."

It IS a technicality. WHY do you think people use the background argument against him in the first place? We know it has been done before in past games, so why? I will tell you why. Lack of imagination and a desperation attempt. They can't "see" him as playable because they deem the whole ordeal, "confusing." 5 bucks you are the same way, hell, you ARE the same way...

Me not getting it? That's funny.

People tend to be stubborn about true things, I'm pretty darn stubborn that 2+2=4 too, I must be a terrible person...

Nah, you seem like an alright guy. XD

You are just a fool. =P

I've met rocks that raised more intelligent arguments then you, who are you to judge.

I am lavisfiend, slayer of all ignorance! XD

No, he is part of the stage, the franchise is not a fighter until we have a fighter. AC is just a set right now.

i can imagine it flawlessly, but in addition to being beside them, he's also slightly behind them, BECAUSE HE'S PART OF THE STAGE!

No **** sherlock. Cookie for you?
i can imagine him in all I want, but he's still not in...

He is in. and he will be in as a playable character as well.

^he's behind the rope...

and he will be in the roster. =P

...I just did... ?

No you didn't. Instead, you took the fail route and preety much restated the same argument over and over, an argument mind you, with absolutely no ground.

Exactly.
**** straight exactly.[/b]

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Well, the reason i dislike Nook is because he has no possible moveset of his own, and he doesn't have the build to have a moveset made up, like Captain Falcon.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
he's deconfirmed. he's part of a stage. WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND?

what, they can just take him out of the smashville stage? yeah, sure, while your at it, why dont they just make deoxys, goroh, lyn, etc not come out of ATs when you play as them?

nooks deconfirmed. sorry, but he is. deal with it.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I have to say, though, he would make a good AT, where he'd give out items like a barrel or a Party Ball.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
thats the most ridiculous excuse I ever heard!!
OMG, you're desperate, are you?
Excuse? Go look at the Resetti update...

and how about playing the game?

He is constantly underground, only popping out to ***** at you.

End of story.

Resetti IS there, because the level is SMASHVILLE. You just have to summon him.

Darkurai

Smash Master
No he is not. You are just being stubborn.

Yes you do. Good boy.

No he is not. You complain about ME being repetitive?

Because he's deconfirmed.

No he is not.

BECAUSE HE'S DECONFIRMED!
HAT GOES ON FOOT!

I can say the same for you, using a flawed technicality as "evidence."

It IS a technicality. WHY do you think people use the background argument against him in the first place? We know it has been done before in past games, so why? I will tell you why. Lack of imagination and a desperation attempt. They can't "see" him as playable because they deem the whole ordeal, "confusing." 5 bucks you are the same way, hell, you ARE the same way...

Me not getting it? That's funny.

People tend to be stubborn about true things, I'm pretty darn stubborn that 2+2=4 too, I must be a terrible person...

Nah, you seem like an alright guy. XD

You are just a fool. =P

I am lavisfiend, slayer of all ignorance! XD

No, he is part of the stage, the franchise is not a fighter until we have a fighter. AC is just a set right now.

No **** sherlock. Cookie for you?
**** straight exactly.[/b]
Most broken post ever.

Seriously though. You keep bringing up the argument that other games have playable characters in the background.
But Super Smash Bros. Brawl isn't other games. It doesn't have health bars, instead it has damage percentages. The higher the percentages are, the father you fly. You only get KO'd when you're knocked off the stage.
Name one other fighting game that does that.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
he's deconfirmed. he's part of a stage. WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND?

what, they can just take him out of the smashville stage? yeah, sure, while your at it, why dont they just make deoxys, goroh, lyn, etc not come out of ATs when you play as them?

nooks deconfirmed. sorry, but he is. deal with it.
Moron...

You...

Yeah, you...

Go to the smashdojo. Go right now.

Do you see a boss update or an AT update saying "Nook?"

You DON'T do you?

HE.IS.NOT.DE-CON-FIRMED.

Top Bottom