• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I got unfairly permabanned from Miiverse today :/

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I went to check Miiverse today through my phone and I got a message that I was "currently restricted from interating with Miiverse"
Then I checked the messages through my 3DS and it says my NNID got permanently restricted from posting because of "harmful and bullying content" but the post was deleted, apparently it was because I said "Hey hacker" on a profile that was apparently being accused of hacking and screwing up save datas from other users on Splatoon. My last warning from Miiverse admins was sent like 2 months ago and my last ban happened like a year ago, I don't break the rules too often like some "trolls" do on internet. I did not post that comment with the intention of being harmful or bully the person, it seems to wrong to get a permanent ban because of it.
The thing is, I love interacting with Miiverse and I have lots of screenshots, play journal entries, drawings and other stuff that on my miiverse profile I wouldn't like to lose, I like to be helpful and post game tips too,. And I dont know how to create a new account on my 3DS without losing my downloads and save files.
I wanna know if theres a way I can get my account back, is there a way to talk to an admin? I feel so bad, I made lots of friends on Miiverse and I dont wanna lose them :/ Also my Smash screenshot selection was all kinds of amazing.

It suuuucks, getting banned from tainted places like gamefaqs doesn't affect me that much but I really like Miiverse. It felt like a really good place for Nintendo fans in general.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm sorry that you were banned from a place you like. That is never fun. I'd tell you that you are better off,because I have a low opinion of Miiverse. However since you enjoy the service, I can only offer you my sympathies.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Update: I sent an email and an representant gave me a number to call and see what they can do for me. Does anyone know if it's worthy to contact Nintendo Support through the phone? I did some research and some people had unpleasant experiences doing that

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Miiverse admins are stupid.

Really stupid.

We need to get some SB mods and admins to set them straight lmao.
That is because mods here enforce rules for appropriateness down to the age of thirteen whereas Miiverse admins do the same thing but all the way down to the two year old level.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I'm sorry that you were banned from a place you like. That is never fun. I'd tell you that you are better off,because I have a low opinion of Miiverse. However since you enjoy the service, I can only offer you my sympathies.
Thanks :) And why you don't like Miiverse? Bad experiences?

People here are really kind, so different from Gamefaqs and IGN lolz

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Thanks :) And why you don't like Miiverse? Bad experiences?

People here are really kind, so different from Gamefaqs and IGN lolz
Call me spoiled from this place. I used to browse Miiverse before Sm4sh released and all people talked about was "______ for smash!!!!" The place just rubbed me the wrong way.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Miiverse admins are stupid.

Really stupid.

We need to get some SB mods and admins to set them straight lmao.
It's... Not really reasonable with just how many people there are. Like, Smashboards only gets really busy when as-of-yet Smash Bros. games are coming. Once every six years can be prepared for. Miiverse gets really busy every time a game with "Nintendo" on it comes out. You can't prepare for that, it's basically a full time job.

Call me spoiled from this place. I used to browse Miiverse before Sm4sh released and all people talked about was "______ for smash!!!!" The place just rubbed me the wrong way.
Obviously, stay away from the Smash community. Stick to the older/more obscure communities. Like with WWHD there's glitchers/speedrunners posting "impossible" selfies or the KIU community has a bunch of hardcore players going around talking about metagame stuff.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It's... Not really reasonable with just how many people there are. Like, Smashboards only gets really busy when as-of-yet Smash Bros. games are coming. Once every six years can be prepared for. Miiverse gets really busy every time a game with "Nintendo" on it comes out. You can't prepare for that, it's basically a full time job.
I'm not saying that the SB mods/ admins need to be there.

What I meant is that they should teach the admins what is considered "bannable" and what isn't. Like saying "hey hacker".
What even? Smh.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Obviously, stay away from the Smash community. Stick to the older/more obscure communities. Like with WWHD there's glitchers/speedrunners posting "impossible" selfies or the KIU community has a bunch of hardcore players going around talking about metagame stuff.
Now that I have had time to reflect on it, my main gripe is the way it is set up. The interface so to speak.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm not saying that the SB mods/ admins need to be there.

What I meant is that they should teach the admins what is considered "bannable" and what isn't. Like saying "hey hacker".
What even? Smh.
Calling out some poor guy who may or may not of actually been a hacker isn't exactly nice. Miiverse admins just destroy any potentially harmful bandwagons, even if they're right or not.

And I don't mean anything rude to PKFreeze here, but you don't just get banned over one thing like this. You never do. Although if he's sharing the Wii U with somebody who's racking up infractions then both count towards the ban.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Calling out some poor guy who may or may not of actually been a hacker isn't exactly nice. Miiverse admins just destroy any potentially harmful bandwagons, even if they're right or not.

And I don't mean anything rude to PKFreeze here, but you don't just get banned over one thing like this. You never do. Although if he's sharing the Wii U with somebody who's racking up infractions then both count towards the ban.
As I said the hackers profile was deleted. There was no reason for a ban let alone a permanent one, the admins are just stupid and messy.
I may have posted my 3DS friend code a few times (and I got banned for it once) and also spoilers but those aren't reasons to get my NNID permabanned.

I don't know if I should contact Nintendo by phone or not, I am feeling it could be very frustrating and I won't get my account back.
I was just browsing my Miiverse profile, looking at my screenshots and thinking that I won't be able to post them ever again gives me a freaking bad feeling.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
As I said the hackers profile was deleted. There was no reason for a ban let alone a permanent one, the admins are just stupid and messy.
I may have posted my 3DS friend code a few times (and I got banned for it once) and also spoilers but those aren't reasons to get my NNID permabanned.

I don't know if I should contact Nintendo by phone or not, I am feeling it could be very frustrating and I won't get my account back.
I was just browsing my Miiverse profile, looking at my screenshots and thinking that I won't be able to post them ever again gives me a freaking bad feeling.
I won't press the issue of the ban...

But Nintendo's customer support is pretty good. Not sure what the chances of getting your Miiverse account back are, but it wouldn't be a frustrating experience outside of that.

FairyGardens435

Smash Cadet
NNID
FAIRYWARS98
3DS FC
2810-1101-1258
My opinion of Miiverse?

- Admins are too sensitive. (An example being if you draw a character in a bikini, that gets removed.)
Also the reason you gave is another good example.

- It's filled with immature little kids asking people to roleplay with them.

-The recent redesign was to prevent "off topic" discussions, so now you can only make 30 posts per day. Which is both good and bad.

I only use it to post about games and mess around now and then, but overall, it's just awful.

Avoid the YouTube community. Please. Save your sanity.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry to hear about the permanent ban. Shame too, since some games require you to have access to Miiverse if you want to utilize their online features; Super Mario Maker is the biggest example of this.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I tried to call Nintendo support and they kept me waiting for almost an hour and no one got my call!

I can't believe it.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Feel sorry for you. Sadly there's nothing I could do.

I just choose to stay away from Miiverse most of the time, unless it's to look for bad posts to laugh at.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Ill try to call one more time.

I just realized I won't be able to post my SMM levels or edit my Mario vs DK levels anymore. Oh Nintendo, why

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've gotta say, your initial post here reads as though you are unsure as to why exactly you were banned. Meaning, if that post is the one that did it, or that phrase, or the circumstances. They do go overboard on Miiverse, but if even you are not fully clear on the situation, maybe gaining that clarity is a good place to start.

TheVill4ger

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wasted_Freddy
3DS FC
2621-3977-0203
Miiverse admins are really weird. Someone got their post taken down for saying "nutshell".

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Miiverse is full of **** anyways so I never use it. I mean why bother.

Last edited:
Top Bottom