• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS I got the last four hats from Smash Run in two days. Here's my strategy.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm not kidding. Smash Run gives them out like candy with a good enough score. Me, I've been gunning for all 1000s in SR because it's fun and I needed an excuse to grind for hats. Turns out it's more effective then I thought.

I used Pit, my main. He has good mobility and damage output and his downside of not being able to KO doesn't mean much when it's all HP based. My equipment was Trade-off Attacker, All-around Trade-off, and Vampire although any good healing equip will work. All attack equipment. My Powers were Spinning Blades 4 and 1 and Heavenly Light 1. HL is for the target challenges and makes for good filler. Incredibly risky, but you get crazy scores on good runs. My best is 211,669, although I'd usually get a new hat if I picked a hat up and got over 200,000.

Basically I'd spam Dairs because they deal 10% a pop by default, they're fast, and spiking certain enemies with the middle of the swing like Polar Bears and Mimicuties stops them cold. Dsmashes work great when you're surrounded and against big enemies you'll hit them twice for about 22% by default.

I also had the CPUs set to three Dorfs with All-around Trade-off, Trade-off Speedster, and Risky Respawner, all speed equipment. Basically I can spam kill moves and get more KOs then you were ever supposed to. Dorfs with speed aren't threatening outside of Run!, and that's if they get an extraordinary speed stat. I also give them the slowest special moves so I don't get killed as much. No powers, but I don't think it makes a difference.

Strategy probably will work well with any character that's good in Smash Run. Shulk and Palutena are good choices in my mind because they can give up defense for speed early on, and Ness wouldn't be bad because of how powerful he is and how fast most moves are. Heavys would probably need to give up Trade-off Attacker for Speedster, but avoid giving them speed equipment since you get less powers that way. Lightweights probably need to have defense equipment to free up more space for powers. Honestly, I've seen every kind of character get all 1000s, so you could probably go at it as just about anybody.

Speaking of all 100s, I still haven't done it yet. :p You probably don't need to be that good to get the last hats.

Top Bottom