• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i got some sonic vids :>

Browny

Smash Hater
so i finally got around to recording a few of my matches against my brother. Im not exactly great at brawl so dont be expecting anything amazing, but i think i do alright :>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAWoKh_uZ8k

i compiled the 3 matches i played today into the one video. looking for critique etc as usual.
refer to the description of the video for things i think are worth mentioning.

i know i should have used more tilts and stutter stepped more, but i just love grabbing too much :) the u-throw the n-air combo works pretty well at low % too i found out. and i could have edgehogged my brother as luigi at least 4 times in the one match but i didnt want him to throw the wavebird at me again lol :p

-----
some things i think i should mention here
WTF is up with the power of the sonic punch. does it have a sweetspot or something I dont know about? 1:28 and 5:45, it hits harder than ive ever seen it before, ive i used it enough such that there probably were diminishing returns acting on it. I mean a fresh fsmash from centre of FD KO's mario at 117 with no DI. wolf is heavier, he was at 103% and by the looks of it, that punch would have KO'd him from another half of FD across.
----

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Your not bad, you just need to not use fsmashh so much. D-tilt and F-tilt should be your common moves. I play differently so yeah. We should brawl sumtime, I would love to fight your sonic.

Tenki

Smash Hero
i know i should have used more tilts and stutter stepped more, but i just love grabbing too much :) the u-throw the n-air combo works pretty well at low % too i found out. and i could have edgehogged my brother as luigi at least 4 times in the one match but i didnt want him to throw the wavebird at me again lol :p
- You shorthop the combo too much. Shorthopping is fine at like.. 0-10%, but after that, do full hops. At one point, the SH took too long to reach where he was/would have been and he ended up escaping. You can use any aerial except D-air for that combo, I think.
@wavebird comment, turn off items, duh.
some things i think i should mention here
WTF is up with the power of the sonic punch. does it have a sweetspot or something I dont know about? 1:28 and 5:45, it hits harder than ive ever seen it before, ive i used it enough such that there probably were diminishing returns acting on it. I mean a fresh fsmash from centre of FD KO's mario at 117 with no DI. wolf is heavier, he was at 103% and by the looks of it, that punch would have KO'd him from another half of FD across.
it could be weird DI, like maybe downward DI making him launch lower/more horizontal.

weird things happen with the f-air too, because of DI- sometimes it semispikes or has launch power like a smash x.x;

overall tips
- looks like you spring in the wrong direction sometimes XD
- spring could have saved you some damage in the wolf fight (recovery)

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
He DI'd down for some reason and it flattened out his trajectory meaning he hit the blast line sooner. I doubt there's a sweet spot to f-smash given how small it is anyways.

Gimp Ike using a spring, it's much easier.

Browny

Smash Hater
what do you mean terios? i never gave said ike wasnt slow :/

on another note, the 37% 'combo' (don exits, i know) at 8:50 was pretty awesome imo :p

Top Bottom