• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I got Purple. - A Toon Link "Combo" Video

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Some friends and I decided to test out the replay on Brawl with some casual friendlies. I just took all the cool/kinda cool lookin stuff and smacked it together.

Keep in mind it really is just for entertainment and not really for a competitive sense. As said in the description, combos aren't exactly frame perfect in brawl so most of these are luck and due to bad decision or ****ups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLyGB3tgV-w

Twst101

Smash Cadet
CGC n Zoap ima prob end up takin W$W n Kawn(directed to Zoap) lol and CGC i can bring two if needed i have a *** and american =p dont ask why lol

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Thnx for those who gave positive comments. I pretty much just wanted to make a nice video more than a combo video, so hopefully you guys don't misinterpret me trying to make a c00l hawt i em pr0 combo vid rather than what it was meant to be. ^_^

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Considering Bairs are for combos, and it's a combo video, what else can you expect.

Oh, and I forgot, it's BRAWL.
Bair bair dair. x2. That's about all I saw. Other than that it was just a TL chasing around a few characters and missing half the moves. Oh, and I forgot, COMBO'S CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL.

Twst101

Smash Cadet
$nuggles i wouldnt trip most people dont belive that you can combo in brawl so the statement "COMBO'S CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL" is bascily saying that peoples view on brawl is wrong and you CAN do combos in brawl (duh to all you none belivers -_-)

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
Checking this as soon as I get home. And I must be an uber-n00b since I nevar knew that combos weren't in Brawl.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Wow, somebody actually understood what I was saying.
The thing was you didn't understand what I was saying. Read my description and notice the quotations on "combo."

Either was I want to make another combo video. Seriously. This time it'll consist of nonstop tripping for about 5 minutes.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Well, I wasn't directing that comment at you, but whatever, if you want to get your panties in a twist that's fine. I was talking about Twst101.

CodeytheRhino

Smash Apprentice
I hated the music, but on mute the vid was amazing. TL is great for aerial attacks, and you maximize it. GJ!

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually not a bboy, but I have alot of bboy friends (I do beatbox and goto alot of hip hop events) Bboy music is the **** either way.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I watched the first two clips... nice tripping... and was that guy letting you hit him, because it seemed like he could have DI'ed away from most of that, and was sandbagging or trying to attack thin air.

Try again.

Ubezor

Smash Rookie
I only liked the Capt. Falcon one. But really nothing that interested me. Its brawl, what can i expect?

Timeaisis

Smash Cadet
It was a pretty cool display of Toon Link's combo ability. I don't think we should be criticizing the video for the lack of DI from the opponents. I think all the author is saying is he made it to show off TL's amazing ability to combo. Pretty nice vid.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Half decent combo vid, but for me being a sucky TL player, I expected things that i WOULDNT see everywhere in a TL player. I find the point in a combo vid is to throw a bunch of videos with combos few people have thought of so that we can learn and become better. At least that was how I saw it when I watched such classic vids as Aces and Eights and Shined Blind. It is about teaching the expected audience that you know your s*** with Tl and that you can do s*** that others may NEVER have thought of.

Also, not the best quality, even with the one Youtube enhancement trick.

Overall rating = 6.5/10

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Hey Snuggles, MLGpro is having a "video of skill " contest. You should submit your vid. There aren't to many good ones out there. The prize is $1000. I say you got a shot!

www.mlgpro.com

It's called Brawl Film Festival

rvs_rick

Smash Rookie
Awsome video , verry interesting. I love to play TL too and you just make me love him much more :p
Verry good job with the back air attack.

Top Bottom