• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I got BRAWL!!!!!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
define "I got Brawl." Is it a hacked version requiring a modded Wii? Or is it the *** version requiring the *** Wii?

Bring them to G4S5, keep them safe of course, and you could pull of a sale there. :)

Edit: Since when is J@p a bad word............?

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
they're the *** version. i have a friend that has a friend over there and i got em to get a couple copys and mail em to me. and i got em yesterday.

yo, why did it beep out J A P?

Blind@$$nigg@samurai

Smash Cadet
the said "hacked" version is the j a p version and requires a mod chip soldered to the circuit board for american wii's bc they cannot process the j a p version without the mod chip.

rice

Smash Journeyman
umm J A P is a racist term to japanese people lol. and i heard that if you try playing a *** wii game on a USA wii, it'll brick the wii =x

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Nintendo wouldn't implement a system of destroying their product. How else would people continue to buy games from them? It just will say something like "disk error" I'm sure.

rice

Smash Journeyman
well, i read that, nintendo doesn't account for other regions updates, so,if it wasn't made for the particular region, and the wii game has certain updates, it will either brick the game, or semi/brick the game, is what i just read.

Frames

DI
It does brick the wii, and from what i've heard, people who get it to work usually unplug the wii during the update to get it to not brick the wii, or they download brawl and then patch the ISO using region frii and brick blocker before burning it to a wii.

rice

Smash Journeyman
well renth, apparently in an irc channel full of anime obsessed nerds, that probably love the japanese culture more than there own... i said ***, and got banned, for using a racial slur lol.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
so ********. What's there to be racist about with Japanese? They make all the best ****.

SR Raptor

Smash Apprentice
It a racial term from WW Duece people. Just like any other term that started out being used for slander and insults. Besides, how long does it take to fully type out Japanese over ***? Also, show me some people who like to be called half of their name, it sorta shows that you are either too lazy to fully recognize them or just being a A**. That is why saying *** can be considered derogatory just like the multitude of other recial comments on the block.

:/

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
hey zeus we were wondering if maybe if:

A: you were willing to come to PB&J's house for brawl or

B: If you'd let us drive over there and play brawl.

we have a japanese wii so we can definitely just play brawl like ASAP just to make sure though you have a japanese copy of brawl NOT pirated yes?

BTW us all is me, pb&j, and mikeG

I could use your phone number and AIM as well.

Renth

Smash Hero
It a racial term from WW Duece people. Just like any other term that started out being used for slander and insults. Besides, how long does it take to fully type out Japanese over ***? Also, show me some people who like to be called half of their name, it sorta shows that you are either too lazy to fully recognize them or just being a A**. That is why saying *** can be considered derogatory just like the multitude of other recial comments on the block.

:/
abrivations are simply abrivatoins, they mean no harm.

I don't care if it is a racial slurr started from WW people. it's like when you're are on aim saying BBL for be back later sounds just the same as calling someone a Jap instead of saying Japanese.

It doesn't mean you aren't fully recongizing them or are being lazy it could be just how you are.

SR Raptor

Smash Apprentice
I will say this. The majority of people only allow their group of friends to call them certain abbreviations. If me saying *** is found to be offensive to someone than it is out of mere decency that stop using the word. Meh, oh wellz.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Or like calling Renth, Renth.... or Alpha, Alpha...... or ......... wait I'm completely off base here.

*leaves topic*

*comes back to topic*

It'd be great if we could have several playable copies of Brawl at G4S5 and attempt an additional, straight up Double Elim bracket tourny on the side after the main event. It's up to the majority. :) (I'm hinting at you guys to bring some playable Brawl lol)

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
the term J A P came for World War 1 or 2 i cant remember which. It was the Term the US troops gave to Japanese Military guys.

the best short term for Japanese Is JP. thats what we call basically anything that is Japanese in Final Fantasy XI. JP = Japanese Play(ers)

Renth

Smash Hero
Right, well i strongly stand by my opinion so i am referring to them as Japs, because i like to abbrivate things. If people don't like it too bad.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, show me some people who like to be called half of their name, it sorta shows that you are either too lazy to fully recognize them or just being a A**.
Nice to meet you, I'm Thomas. But you can't call me Tom, because that would be lazy and you'd be an ***.

Tehdave

Smash Journeyman
Right, well i strongly stand by my opinion so i am referring to them as Japs, because i like to abbrivate things. If people don't like it too bad.
Like, you can stop being ignorant for a second, and realize that just because it IS an abbreviation, doesn't mean that outside your bubble of thinking, it could possibly represent something that you don't intend it to be.

Now, there are two terms,
what Americans called the japanese during the 40's up until today, which was a belittling way to speak to them. "F***ing J a p s."
and then there is a term, which is only used in the north, or other places with a large jewish population(Don't ask me, I urban dictionary'd this one), which stands for 'Jewish-American princess." which is a highly offensive word to female Jews, who are seen as snobby b**ches.
But I care not about that one, I actually found it funny.

Don't care if you "Stand by" your cute little preference, but I felt the need to point this out.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tl;dr: nyaa nyaa im a cat.

From what I understand, to play the Japanese version of Brawl on an American Wii, you need to install a mod chip. There are a lot of them out there, but apparently WiiKey now works (its what Mew2King used for his review of Brawl of GameFaqs, so it works).

You'd have to solder on the modchip and then download the firmware. If that sounds hard, its not -- there are guides all over the internet for it.

Proof that the modchip works with the Japanese version of Brawl on an American Wii with the modchip: click this stupid youtube video link.

In that video, he uses the WiiKey chip, but if you find a cheaper one that says it'll run Brawl, then go for it.

Also, that youtube video has a link in the description to download a torrent for the (i'm assuming .ISO) of the japanese version of Brawl. So if you know how to mount .ISO files (if you don't, google "Daemon Tools"), then you can just torrent the **** thing. This kind of makes buying it from Zeus meaningless, which wasn't my intention, but now that I think of it... yeah.

If you don't want to bother with downloading the torrent, or don't want to learn how to work it, then buying the disc from Zeus would be your alternative. Which is nice.

But you'd still have to get a mod chip, because the Japanese Brawl doesn't work on our Wiis. That, or you could buy (or already own) a Japanese Wii.

Hope this helps, and if I'm wrong about anything, let me know. Personally, I don't have a mod chip, and although I've modded **** before, I'm not going to spend the money on the chip and download the Japanese version just to buy the American version of Brawl in less than a month. Plus, and this is a biggie -- I'm not sure if the Japanese version of Brawl uses the same wifi **** as the American one. If thats true, then this would be a waste of my money.

edit- when I posted this, I got the weirdest *** error message ever: "No suitable nodes are available to serve your request." What the hell, Crashboards. What the hell.

Top Bottom