• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I got 99 problems

qwillinallthefish

Smash Rookie
NNID
qwillinthefish
And Ice Climbers are one. I went to a local Smash Fest today, and the guy I played first round switched to ICs game 3. I immediately thought "Oh, ICs are pretty bad in PM iirc. This should be fairly easy since I'm about on par with this guys skill level." I proceeded to get rekt. Hard. So I would like to know from all the other members of the Squirtle Squad if there has been an overall problem with ICs as Squirtle and how you fight against them.

Priority Fire

Smash Rookie
I've actually never seen an ICs before in tourney... But please elaborate, what exactly happened during the match?

Mr. Fabulous

Smash Cadet
Dude, Squirtle, in my experience WRECKS ICs. Enough mobility to get between them and avoid getting grabbed, with good multi-hit attacks to split them up. Hit 'em with a hydropivot downsmash and go after whoever's weaker, take to the air as much as you can, and never stop moving.

qwillinallthefish

Smash Rookie
NNID
qwillinthefish
I've actually never seen an ICs before in tourney... But please elaborate, what exactly happened during the match?
Withdraw and grabs were rendered useless by Nana Fsmashing after I hit/grabbed Popo. Dsmash split them up enough to only be able to hit one but they were still synced so I got hit by any and all of ICs aerials, they could wavedash Dsmash after dodging any attacks that I used.

Top Bottom