• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I give Up

GolbatKing88

Smash Rookie
No Matter what i try Project M will just not work. Even on a brand new Wii and a slightly used SD card. it just absolutely refuses to give me a break. the damn thing makes my Wii freeze even when it's not active. seriously even when the SD card is just resting in the slot it ****s up my Wii. (Again Brand new Wii, Rarely been used.)

So just **** it :crying:

traffic.

Smash Journeyman
That's rather defeatist. Do you know anyone that has setup PM on their own wii? You can always just ask someone to help you get it going. PM players are always happy to help more people start playing their favourite game.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Everyone is here to help, so tell us what goes wrong at what specific time. Exactly when does it freeze? Also make sure the slider on your SD card isn't on lock.

GolbatKing88

Smash Rookie
alright, so I installed the data directly to my SD card (Demo installer version) and i deleted all the custom stages off my game, as well as made sure the card was unlocked. but as soon as I loaded it to the Gecko menu it froze, my wii mote just kept flashing the whole time and i couldn't do anything. after two tries i decided screw it, and played some regular brawl. but after a few matches it just froze at the stage select. (keep in mind this is while the card was still in the slot). it also made the this load high pitched noise when it happened.

it was the same thing that happened when my last console wore out, so i naturally assumed the worst. but I removed the SD card and it worked just fine afterwards.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Which demo installer are you using? When I installed P:M on my friends Wii I used the Hackless Full Set and everything runs smooth.
Just out of curiosity, what's your SD card like? 1-2GB?

GolbatKing88

Smash Rookie
let's see, i have a 2 GB SD card, and I think i used the same version you have. i selected the one at the top of the menu.

My SD card has tiny lines in the middle of each gold part.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Well yeah I used the Demo Installer as well, but when asked during the installation process I chose the Hackless Fullset. Do you mind telling me your SD cards current format? That could possibly be the issue

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Try taping your SD card. That fixed it for me. My issue was slightly different for me because although the SD card was unlocked (and I could install/put files on it), my Wii was reading it as if it had write protection still and this caused the game to freeze whenever a match started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGBneRVnmJ0

I tape all the SD cards I have now and that's the only way they work in my Wii.
If you aren't missing the piece, then just slide it to unlock then tape it.

Just look at the taping step, ignore everything else. Try one or two layers of tape

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
alright, so I installed the data directly to my SD card (Demo installer version) and i deleted all the custom stages off my game, as well as made sure the card was unlocked. but as soon as I loaded it to the Gecko menu it froze, my wii mote just kept flashing the whole time and i couldn't do anything. after two tries i decided screw it, and played some regular brawl. but after a few matches it just froze at the stage select. (keep in mind this is while the card was still in the slot). it also made the this load high pitched noise when it happened.

it was the same thing that happened when my last console wore out, so i naturally assumed the worst. but I removed the SD card and it worked just fine afterwards.
You have to take out the SD card to play normal Brawl without it freezing, that's normal.

Try turning off your Wiimote once you're inside Brawl. Go through the whole hackless process with the Gamecube controller only. Gecko sometimes has issues with newer Wiimotes.

GolbatKing88

Smash Rookie
You have to take out the SD card to play normal Brawl without it freezing, that's normal.

Try turning off your Wiimote once you're inside Brawl. Go through the whole hackless process with the Gamecube controller only. Gecko sometimes has issues with newer Wiimotes.
my new wii doesn't have a GameCube port it's the new black wii

GolbatKing88

Smash Rookie
Well damn.. Nintendo screwed up with that one. Do you have a Classic Controller by any chance? That's worked for some people.
yes i do, it's gonna get some getting used to. and i do have older wii motes that can use it.

Top Bottom