• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I found a new Sonic tech;I call it the "dash attack cancelled grab dash attack grab attack"

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
If you dash attack cancel into your grab just right you attack with your dash attack cancel grab but you don't cancel the attack you cancel the attack animation which allows you to attack while simultaneously grabbing so you get a dash attack into a grab. But not like into the grab it happens concurrently so it's more of a dash attack + grab than a dash attack > grab. BUt yeah I found a new Sonic I call it the dash attack cancelled grab dash attack grab attack where If you dash attack cancel into your grab just right you attack with your dash attack cancel grab but you don't cancel the attack you cancel the attack animation which allows you to attack while simultaneously grabbing so you get a dash attack + grab.

Let's talk about it

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
holy crap
with this in hand, i could be the next wizzrobe
i dont even play sanic
but i sure as hell will now
thx based saxophoneoftime

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
can we talk about the frame data on this for a second
i feel like if i was frame prefect i could break shields with this
in one go
discuss

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If you dash attack cancel into your grab just right you attack with your dash attack cancel grab but you don't cancel the attack you cancel the attack animation which allows you to attack while simultaneously grabbing so you get a dash attack into a grab. But not like into the grab it happens concurrently so it's more of a dash attack + grab than a dash attack > grab. BUt yeah I found a new Sonic I call it the dash attack cancelled grab dash attack grab attack where If you dash attack cancel into your grab just right you attack with your dash attack cancel grab but you don't cancel the attack you cancel the attack animation which allows you to attack while simultaneously grabbing so you get a dash attack + grab.

Let's talk about it
So, what you're saying is...We can grab even more than we could grab before when we grabbed?

Well in that case~

Last edited:

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
I accidentally figured out this tech as well, but with an up smash instead. And no this is not a DACUS, I checked in debug mode, and his DACUS has no dash hit boxes, but dash attack jump cancelled up smash does. The dash leads straight into smash at many percents. The only draw back to this is how hard it is. You have to input a dash, jump, then up smash really really quickly.

Last edited:

J3f

Smash Cadet
I accidentally figured out this tech as well, but with an up smash instead. And no this is not a DACUS, I checked in debug mode, and his DACUS has no dash hit boxes, but dash attack jump cancelled up smash does. The dash leads straight into smash at many percents. The only draw back to this is how hard it is. You have to input a dash, jump, then up smash really really quickly.
It's not that hard actually. It's the same input as an Edge Slash with Link, just swap B for A. It's a lot easier with tap jumping on, just tap up on the stick and delay your button press by a couple frames.

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
You forgot to mention moonwalking, moonwalking is life

hilarious though i approve lol

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
It's not that hard actually. It's the same input as an Edge Slash with Link, just swap B for A. It's a lot easier with tap jumping on, just tap up on the stick and delay your button press by a couple frames.
Thanks I'll try this, but if you use Z to do an upsmash its about as easy as the grab.

Top Bottom