• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I finally got Brawl and Lucas is amazing

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I didn't need to adjust from Melee Ness at all. Lucas just clicked the moment I played him. After unlocking Ness, I had a much harder time playing him at first because he felt so different. Lucas on the other hand was the first character I played when I powered on Brawl, and it felt like I'd been playing him for ages. He's just so responsive and satisfying to play as. All his attacks are pure gold and win.

Reflecting projectiles with the stick is so easy! It's almost criminally good. When Samus fires a power missile at you, you can just whack it right back at her and it goes twice as fast. You don't even really need to time it. And as for PSI magnet...wow. Just the fact that it exists causes some opponents to totally have to reconsider their playing styles.

Upsmash IS the most epic attack in the game. Nothing else has quite the same feel as blasting someone with Lucas's up smash. You could say that Dedede's Fsmash or Ness's fully charged PK Flash comes close, but both of those are a lot harder to use in a compettive match. Lucas's up smash is JUST fast enough and has JUST enough all around range to make it useful. And boy is it usefull...

I also love his down smash, too.

PK Freeze is really terrible. It's very hard to hit human player with PK Freeze. But it's not uselsess. You can harrass people with it at range and stuff, and when it's fully charged the hitbox gets significantly bigger, enough to catch someone at the end of their roll if they try to dodge around it. But Ness's PK Flash is much MUCH better. I TRIED to use PK Freeze a lot, but gave up after the 50th or so miss. PK Flash however has covered my head reliably and juggled very well, and even netted me a few KOs.

I used to think Lucas's Dair was lame, but now that I've actually played him and used this move, I realised that it has no lag if you use it from a full jump. Altogether it's a pretty damaging attack and if you hit the opponent just right, you can even combo it into an up tilt. Considering how rare combos are in Brawl, Lucas sure has a lot of very good ones!

Nair to Utilt is wooooooooonderful.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Nessbounder, does this mean that smash is out in australia? or did you import?
I imported. It was kind of scary at first because the disk wouldn't read after we inserted the freeloader. But after mucking about with it, we got it to work.

My friend and I pulled an all-nighter and unlocked every character and then had a load of vs. matches.

I still can't decide whether Lucas is better than Ness. XD They're both so great. But I certainly feel more comfortable playing Lucas As Ness I keep trying to DJC and recover with air dodges....

Top Bottom