• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I fight my friends.

The furosious robot has left

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: I fight my friends.

During School hours, I have to point out that I get into debates too much. Very unintelligent debates. The one where you are winning, but the other person won't admit that they're losing. Don't get me wrong, I lose debates , but that doesn't mean people have to be so stubborn for every debate. I wonder if judges have to put up with that kind of crap, ya no?
For example, I try to defend the Pokemon show, and I get the typical "it's for kids."
#1 You are a kid. HYPOCRITE.
#2 Is that your only excuse?

Turns out, that WAS his only excuse.
It's like debating with a homophobe.
He will say something like "he's gay!"
And...?"he's gay". That's it?

One last one, is when I debated about the youtube community. I simply said that the majority of youtubers were unhealthy and ignorant.
Before you flame me:
ma⋅jor⋅i⋅ty
[muh-jawr-i-tee, -jor-]
–noun, plural -ties.
1. the greater part or number; the number larger than half the total

Anyway, he said "some people just go there to watch videos". I know this, but he assumed I was reffering to the entire community.Which I was not.
These guys are a problem

Really, The only intelligent people I know are within this boards.

Say hello to The Furosious robot has left, upcoming sociopath. -_-.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Go to wikipedia and look up "fallacy". You will find a classification of every nonsensical thing you've ever heard. When you next see someone saying something like it, you can say "That is an ad hoc ergo propter hoc (latin) fallacy, good sir, also known as the causation fallacy. Now move along newb." To be able to classify and attach a word to this sort of thing helps a lot.

finalark

SNORLAX
I have to agree with you when it comes to the majority thing. More often then not I'll use that word but the person I'm speaking with will still assume that I'm talking about everyone in the group that I referred.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I fight for my friends.
It was gonna happen sooner or later.

Anyway, just ignore that. If you don't fight back, you go to sleep with a smile. If you do, you go to bed with a headache.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You'd be surprised what kind of people you could bump into on Smashboards...

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I am in awe, I don't know how to respond to that post.

All I can surely say is "if I wasn't already quoting Youko, that would be top on my list of next things to quote-sig."

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Kinzer shouldn't just be a mod, he should be an admin kicking in MLG_JV's teeth to take the spot.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL If only I was as technical as some of the admins, then maybe I could help run this site.

I would settle for the next best thing though. :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I already posted my 2cents.

Sadly, no matter where you go in the world, you will always find one moron in a group.

But I don't think human anture can be hlped can it?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The title kinda makes it sound like some kind of Anti-Ike...

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
To be fair, the Pokemon anime IS aimed at children.

lawl yeh take dat
But everyone has an inner child. :D

0wned. ^.^

Edit: This blog actually reminds me of when a friend of mine got into a religious debate, or argument, I guess you could call it. He started to try and push religion on me...so I protected my views. Simple as that.

I'm Agnostic-Atheist, and he's Christian. I got so far into winning my side of the debate (through what we know so far as fact, not by assumptions of what could be...which is what he was using), and he eventually got to the point where he said, and I quote, "It's people like you who make me fear what the antichrist will really be like."

If it weren't for the fact that it was during IM, I would have socked him in the face for his idiocy. But sadly, the best that I can do is just not talk to him...because since then he's gotten worse with his closed-mindedness. Moral of the story: only get in arguments over religion with friends if you can both respect each other's side. Otherwise, you're going to have issues.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There is never another side.

Alles in ordnung! There can only be one correct way! :mad:

Sanu

Smash Champion
I like how your fights consist of opinionated arguments. NO one is wrong and NO one is right.

Posting in a pathetic/immature thread.

The furosious robot has left

Smash Journeyman
But everyone has an inner child. :D

0wned. ^.^

Edit: This blog actually reminds me of when a friend of mine got into a religious debate, or argument, I guess you could call it. He started to try and push religion on me...so I protected my views. Simple as that.

I'm Agnostic-Atheist, and he's Christian. I got so far into winning my side of the debate (through what we know so far as fact, not by assumptions of what could be...which is what he was using), and he eventually got to the point where he said, and I quote, "It's people like you who make me fear what the antichrist will really be like."

If it weren't for the fact that it was during IM, I would have socked him in the face for his idiocy. But sadly, the best that I can do is just not talk to him...because since then he's gotten worse with his closed-mindedness. Moral of the story: only get in arguments over religion with friends if you can both respect each other's side. Otherwise, you're going to have issues.
are you trying to say that you hate christians in general? Because seriously, thats just rude.

I like how your fights consist of opinionated arguments. NO one is wrong and NO one is right.

Posting in a pathetic/immature thread.
you want to know how it went?
"you know the pokemon anime, right?
"yes, it sucks"
"why?"
"it is a kid's show"
"you are a kid"
"I am a teen"
"AKA, a kid"
"I am not a kid!"
"w/e, but if you can get over your hate for children, could you atleast make another point?"
"Its stupid"
"Elaborate"
"It's a kids show"
"Is that your only excuse?"
"it's not an excuse, it-"
"Than what is it?
"An opinion."
"What, you just had kids or something, because I don't mind, we all have opinons"
"it's a kids show"
"I want a dime every time you say that phrase"
"no"
"Why?"
"because thats stupid"
"that response was greedy"
"your greedy"
"huh?"
"you asked for money"
"Yeah, I mean, if you want money, sure, I'll bring some tomorrow"
"yeah right"

Its wierd that people can have a high IQ and be very stupid at the same time.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
are you trying to say that you hate christians in general? Because seriously, thats just rude.
No. I actually have a lot of friends who don't share my viewpoint on religion and such. I know where their viewpoints come from and I understand and respect that. The debate/argument came out, however, because he couldn't respect my viewpoint and attempted to push his viewpoint on me to shift mine. I'm a firm believer in letting people believe what they think is right, and he attempted to impede on my belief. That made me defend myself using the reasons why I believe in what I believe in, hoping he could at least understand my side. But he couldn't seem to, and thus proceeded to say what I quoted up above. I wanted to punch him in the face because you just simply don't say that to someone, as it is extremely disrespectful.

@ Mith_: In reality, I'm not exactly an Atheist. I'm actually Agnostic-Atheist, meaning I choose not to believe in a God because I have been given no solid proof in any of them being right. That does not mean, however, that I think another person is horribly wrong for believing what they believe. After all, there is always the chance that they could be right. I'm not stupid...I know that there is no solid right or wrong answer when it comes to religion, but more using what we believe is fact to create our own religious view. Thus, I carry no bias on one specific religion, or any for that matter.

Edit:Oh, and the closed-mindedness comment just dealt with what a lot of his viewpoints on a lot of other things have been since then. He refused to review what is best for everyone and instead just stated what he thought was best for himself, which was not really all that good for the group as a whole. After telling him why that wouldn't be the best option, based on fact, he just disregarded what I said anyway and did what he wanted to. And if any of you know where I'm coming from with this based on your own personal experiences, then you'll understand why this can end up being a huge issue.

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
OMG this reminds me of one of my friends/roommate. He's a cool guy and we get along great, but there are times I wanna smack him upside the head for being so ignorant. Whenever I talk to him about (mostly when about video games) something he has the most narrow mind ever. Most recent event I was watching a Hyadain video and he noticed that it appears he only likes Final Fantasy games from 2-6. I said jokingly "well good", and suddenly he flips out saying "I hate when people say that! I hate people who say that FFVII and beyond are bad games, they aren't!"
And while I agree that both they aren't bad games and that these people who openly say that FFVI was the last good one need to STFU, if someone likes to show affection towards them and not the new ones, they should be allowed to without FFVII fanboys going crazy. So I said, "Well FVII's story was completely crazy, made no sense and everything seemed to coincidental, even for a FF game. Some people prefer the old way of FF rather than the overly girly male protagonist who make emo kids look like a multi-colored rabbit who craps rainbows." (this applies to all FF games 7-12 except 11 duurrr)
To which he replies, "No, they just don't like them because they're popular."
And that's where I put my headphones back on because if someone is playing any FF title this is clearly wrong. If that were the case they'd be playing games like Star
So yeah, tl;dr ignorance runs rampant even after school, so get used to stupid arguments with people who have no idea WTF they are talking about.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You'll get sympathy from me. :ike:

:mad:

I get what you're saying, to be honest, I think I'll buy the new game. If my friends ever say Pokemon is for kids, I usually just respond with "Please, I'm making animals fight. It's an adult game."

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I get what you're saying, to be honest, I think I'll buy the new game. If my friends ever say Pokemon is for kids, I usually just respond with "Please, I'm making animals fight. It's an adult game."
Hence why I don't tell people I play the games. And if I do, i'm usually rather sacrastic about it. People know not to bother me about my opinions.

And I agree that most people are unintelligent over any form of argument, since most people have to be right all the time >> It gets rather annoying, especially over trivial things.

Seriously, I don't care if I end up being wrong, just don't be an idiot about being right all the time .

By the way, i'm thinking of getting the new game too.

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
Go to wikipedia and look up "fallacy". You will find a classification of every nonsensical thing you've ever heard. When you next see someone saying something like it, you can say "That is an ad hoc ergo propter hoc (latin) fallacy, good sir, also known as the causation fallacy. Now move along newb." To be able to classify and attach a word to this sort of thing helps a lot.
Yeah, my language arts class had a logical fallacy unit that was awesome.

Anyways, kids at my school do suck to have debates with. All they do is yell louder than me, even though they're spouting nonsense. Back in 8th grade I didn't think that garbage would last but sadly, I'm in 12th grade and kids are dumber than ever.

Question to someone who would know - do people get significantly cooler in college?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah, my language arts class had a logical fallacy unit that was awesome.

Anyways, kids at my school do suck to have debates with. All they do is yell louder than me, even though they're spouting nonsense. Back in 8th grade I didn't think that garbage would last but sadly, I'm in 12th grade and kids are dumber than ever.

Question to someone who would know - do people get significantly cooler in college?
From my knowledge of how college usually goes, no. They don't really get significantly cooler. Actually, the freshman year is almost like walking into a group of people that are even more immature than those that you knew by the end of your senior year in high school.

So no. Things don't really change. Actually they basically just transition from old immaturities into new ones, but don't really change at their roots. Oh, and there are more of them...much more of them. <.<

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
This thread haz no point. Tell the pokemon haters that you slept with their mother ----> /argument.

Top Bottom