• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I feel as if I'm declining heavily and it's causing me an immense amount of stress

LemonOtter

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4897-7061-4628
I keep playing For Glory over and over again (I don't care about my ratio) and I really just can't seem to get any better. It's been causing me a lot of stress, to the point where I need to force myself to take breaks, which is something that I don't do often.

If there's a Ness main that would be willing to help me out, I would really a appreciate it.

tr3v

Smash Cadet
NNID
TR3V07
3DS FC
4871-5923-4364
Not a Ness main, but For Glory isn't really good for practicing. Instead, take a look at Anther's Ladder. The community there is really helpful and polite.

Yogurt

Smash Cadet
You might want to check out videos of popular ness players on youtube, I don't main ness anymore but I used to, so I'm not sure if I would be of much help but we could always do ditto battles if you like cus I think I would like to improve mine as well

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
You should post a match of yourself playing as Ness on the Ness video thread so they can critique it and help you improve (I could maybe help though Ness isn't exactly my best character).

Leoinu

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Leoinus
Just because you play a lot doesnt mean you get better. Work on things you know you have to work on. If you just play without thinking and just auto pilot. You're not going to learn anything. Exit your comfort zone, and try things.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Also remember that there is a thing as trying 'too hard'. This is because you will be so determined to control the situation in front of you that you'll not be able to adapt and 'react' to the changes that are there. Remember to have fun, laugh at mistakes you make, applaud your opponent when you see something cool (even if they can't see it) as well as being happy when you do awesome. Keeping your mental state in a relaxed state will allow you to better take in your surroundings. This doesn't mean you can't 'play to win' as this is a competition, but knowing when to let go of control and go with the flow will help you learn far more than any video or training montage will. This is because your mind will be willing and able!

Top Bottom