• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't understand...

rubinmarshak

Smash Apprentice
... Brawl feels faster than Melee. Like, a LOT faster. I spent all Saturday playing Melee and all sunday playing Brawl, and Brawl feels faster. I mean, sure, wavedashing's not in anymore, so you can't move around as fast... But, if you played Melee without wavedashing, you probably could not even tell the difference, besides a few minor things.

And, if you still think it's slow, even after playing Melee without wavedashing... Then play as Sonic. Problem solved...

But... Seriously, how is it slow, aside from online lag? I don't understand what people are complaining about.

rubinmarshak

Smash Apprentice
Nono. I played SSB on the 64 today.

... THAT was slow. Melee is REALLY FAST.

I really can barely see a difference between Melee and Brawl. And I think that Brawl's faster. Maybe your disc is messed up, if you think it's 64's speed...

Frames

DI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YQNatbNENSs

This enough should show that melee is a much faster game. Both players have mastered the advanced techniques necessary to compete at upper level play, contributing greatly to the high speed. I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, but I feel like people in general who say that melee is faster than brawl did not fully utilize advanced techniques like short-hopping or l-canceling while playing melee, and if that's the case then melee and brawl WOULD seem comparatively the same in terms of speed.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YQNatbNENSs

This enough should show that melee is a much faster game. Both players have mastered the advanced techniques necessary to compete at upper level play, contributing greatly to the high speed. I'm not trying to criticize you or anything, but I feel like people in general who say that melee is faster than brawl did not fully utilize advanced techniques like short-hopping or l-canceling while playing melee, and if that's the case then melee and brawl WOULD seem comparatively the same in terms of speed.
Yeah, that vid is what competitive Melee looks like after exploits were found. Ever seen an older match? It's about Brawl speed.

Top Bottom