• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I dont understand the Green Greens argument for Ness

Livevil200

Smash Cadet
I know how to yoyo glitch, and i use it in battle often enough, but one thing i have a hard time doing is setting it up in green greens as everyone claims is so easy. First of all, if htere is more than one block in theareas where they fall, then I cant seem to pull it off. Secondly, sometimes when i try to pull it off, my yoyo doesn't even charge, it just edoes a normal up smash (i think its because my yoyo is hanging off the edge in its attempt to YYG). Thirdly, even if i manage to hit the block, its wierd cause i think the block has a wierd timing for the YYG. Can some one please help me...maybe show me a vid of people YYG'ing in green greens a lot.

Also, just a strategic question. So i read in the YYG guide that if you hit some 10 targets with a jacket, the glitch refreshes every target that you can hit i.e. if i hit character A, B, C, and 7 other targets, i could hit A, B, and C again with teh same jacket. If this is true, then strategically can someone in Green Greens run into their opponent with a thunder jacket, jump into a bunch of blocks, and then run into their opponent again?

thanks, and please answer my q's. Btw, I know how to normally YYG against enemies, i do it all the time.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'll cover what I can, and if I'm wrong EB will correct me tomorrow/later today. For setting it up on the blocks, you want to get the blocks off the one closest to you, so that the side you're nearest to is a stack of one. I figure you got that part based on your post.

After that, you want to space so that the yo-yo barely hits the block. If it hangs off the edge like you said, it won't charge and you can't pull the glitch off. As far as I can tell when I mess around with that level, the block has the same timing as anything else, but you have to space it properly in the window you have before more blocks fall.

The reset number is 12, I believe. That's where I'm most likely to be wrong in this post, well, aside from what I'll be writing in a second. If you hit person A, you need to hit 12 blocks before you are able to hit person A again. That's most of the blocks that'll appear, so for that plan to work you're going to need to have the screen pretty full of non-explosive blocks. The better plan here is to reset the jacket with trap boxes by hitting a box with an uncharged usmash, as covered in the yo-yo glitch faq. This should reset it(I think) to a box on the ground that you can equip, making it much easier than chasing down each block to refresh.

Livevil200

Smash Cadet
here's the problem. I got the first part, and doing it now i can almost YYG everytime on the blocks but the second part...when i have a jacket and i try to do an uncharged yoyo, the yoyo seems to just go through its targets, not even hitting any. Maybe im doing it wrong.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Heheh, I think I'm gaining a title or some recognition of some sort on these forums. :grin:

I'll post what I can tommorrow.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Am I the only one that can yyg the block in the middle? I find it easier than the one on the side. I can't yyg the blocks that are towards the inner part of that stage. Even thought there are yyg goodies at this stage, those explosives apples seem to always go after me (lost several matches due to apples blowing up in my faces). Yes I said faces.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Green Greens is pretty great for the YYG. But using it requires some technique, and not just blind "Go after every block you see!"

Remember this universal yo-yo rule: They CANNOT be charged of stage completely. You can charge one a little bit off stage until it hangs off a bit, but not so far as to hang straight down.

I believe it is possible to YYG 8 different blocks on GG. All blocks on the bottom rows, and the block on the second row that is closest to the tree. They ALL require spacing, for if you are too close to the edge, you cant charge the yo-yo. YYGing the bottom corner block on the edge of the stage is the eaiest. Stand a bit away from it and YYG it like normal. For the rest of the blocks, you need to stand far enough away from it to do a weak hitbox YYG.

If you have too many blocks, you can use an upward angled ftilt on the blocks near the edges of the cluster to leave the bottom one open for YYGing. For the center ones, just space an fair well.

For regeneration, you need to hit 12 targets. If your attack is still going through, you didn't hit enough targets.

Careful with regeneration on GG though, as blocks count as targets, so youneed to hit 12 others before you can hit the same one again. Keep track, because if you get confused and may fall to your doom. Also, you can use bomb blocks to regenerate if you roll through them or airdodge.

There's another alternative. Once you equip a jacket, hit the enemy. Now go to some blocks. Use a special yo-yo on it and a new trapbox is set. You can use this to equip a new jacket that will still hurt the enemy before. IMPORTANT! Make sure when you use the special yo-yo, it must not hit anything on the backswing. So only use this if you have like one row of vlocks. What you can do is use the current jacket to clear out some blocks and use the ones that remain to use the special yo-yo.

Top Bottom