• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't think Pit's voice is that bad.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
When blended with music i's actually okay. Better than PT's as is everyone's. It's only one or two voice clips that sound weird.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
I think it's nowhere near as good as his Japanese counterpart. Same with all the voices.

However, I think Ike's is a lot worse in English.

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
I think it's nowhere near as good as his Japanese counterpart. Same with all the voices.

However, I think Ike's is a lot worse in English.
But...! He fights for his friends!!!:dizzy:

Seriously, only Fox and Meta knight came out decent. Those originally in english (Mario, Luigi, Cpt Falcon, Ness) came out great...except maybe Lucas' PK Freeze and Starstorm.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Pit actually sounds like a girl in the Japanese version. That's why people say the Japanese voice fits him more.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
I hate Pit's voice. Luckily you don't hear it much. I get chills whenver he does his final smash and yells whatever the hell he is yelling.

Ike's is okay, in battle only. With the yells and grunts. It's similar to the Japanese one. But when he wins a match, he sounds awful (I fight for my friends).

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
I keep thinking they had two people doing Pit's voice. Cause his battle cries does not sound like the same person doing his taunts and victory says.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
When blended with music i's actually okay. Better than PT's as is everyone's. It's only one or two voice clips that sound weird.
Compared to Lyn's "man" voice" and President Bill "Peppy" Clinton, everyone's voice is great.
Have any of you heard Peppy's voice? It's rancid. I was pounding the table laughing when I first heard it.
And I guess NOA didn't know that Lyn's only 15 years old when they gave her that masculine voice.:dizzy:

I think Pit sounds perfect -- right out of the 80s!
I have nothing against Pokemon Trainer's voice -- the PKMN sound fine.

Ike sounds like Hayden Christensen (which is good).
Ashley sounds like Francine from Arthur (which is also good).
And Mike sounds like Ray Stevens (funny).

And I think Samus has one of the best voices of them all.:)
Of course Charles Martinet is always right on the money.;)

SanjiWatsuki

Smash Cadet
The fight is on.
Albeit only mildly irritating, something about that taunt annoys me more than "You're too slow!"

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
How can I elequenty describe Pit's voice.... It is so bad, some idiot will one day sue Nintendo for obsenity. It is just that bad.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
(*TURNS ON FLAME SHIELD*)

I like the English voices, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. :)

I DID think Pit sounded kinda loud and Pokemon Trainer sounded a little grating in CJay's Sound Test video, but they sound fine during the actual game. :)

I really like Fox's voice. I've seen people say his voice actor's supposed to be Jim Walker (the guy who voiced him in "Star Fox Assault"). If it is (and I'm thinking it may be him), he's VASTLY improved since his rather dull performance in that game! :grin:

Also, I'm starting to really like Ike's voice, too! His accent is cool.

All that said, I'm VERY, VERY happy that Marth DIDN'T get dubbed, 'cause Hikaru Midorikawa's voice for him is still so cute and sexy...
(:lol:)

Ashley sounds like Francine from Arthur (which is also good).
Really? (I used to watch that cartoon back in the day.)

Scion

Smash Cadet
Pit sounds like a little kid to me, which makes sense because his game's called Kid Icarus. Sorry bad joke.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I actually thought Pit sounded even more obixious in the Japanese Verison then the English... the *** verison sounded like a 5 year old after he consumed a bag of suger.

As an Ike player I've adjusted to the voice so it doesn't seem really that bad. The only really bad line is the Friends line. For the most part everything out sounds fine.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Do YOU have a special someone you fight for? I know Ike does! /Mr Rogers-ish voice

Controller of Flames

Smash Rookie
IMO Ike's "You'll get no sympathy from me line" and slash victories were just so good that Nintendo decided that Ike needed something horrid to balance it out.

Pit honestly has an annoying voice and when aperson I know spams side b, ugh it kills brain cells.

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon Trainer reminds me of some random punk 10-year-old who thinks he's cool.

Sad thing is, Pokemon Trainers can start when they're 10, if I remember correctly. :/

Phocks

Smash Rookie
I don't play as Pit too much, but when I do need to hear that voice, it's not quite as bad as I thought it might be. Even Ike's "I fight for my friends" doesn't bother me that much either anymore. You get used to it, I guess.

I just cringe when I listen to what they did to Leon and Peppy's voices for Brawl. Leon's voice in Assault was a disappointment compared to 64 (You're not as tough as I thought!), but Brawl ruined it.

Peppy's Adventures voice sounded really forced, all the time. His Assault one wasn't bad, but I personally want a bag of whatever drugs the gguy who hired Peppy's voice actor was on. I'd be baked for weeks.

RazorX

Smash Rookie
well its about time for my 1st post.
anyways,the voices arent abad to me as when i first heard them on sound test.
when blended with music and everything,they sound fine.the only thing i dont like is ike's "friends" line.
you'd best prepare yourself.you'll get no sympathy from me,because i fight for my friends!

Thunderbolt730

Smash Cadet
I personally think all of the voices sound great. Pit, PT, and Ike's are all amazing. My favorite is Ike's.

Thunderbolt730

Smash Cadet
I personally think all of the voices sound great. Pit, PT, and Ike's are all amazing. My favorite is Ike's.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit's voice is just fine to me. At least I can understand what he's saying, rather than the Japanese version. Still dont understand y so many people hate it.
It's like me saying Star Wars meets Smash Bros with Metaknight's Darth Vader voice.
"Come" (I like Metaknight's voice, dont worry)

Now the Pokemon trainer's voice is weird...

All this talk about character voices reminds me of Bowser speaking English for the first time, which appeared at the Last boss of Super Mario Sunshine.

PS: If you see any links on this post, ignore it, for they randomly appear in most of my replies.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
I think the problem is not the voice itself, man, whenever sonic is near, there's not a more annyoing voice ( and Ive played every sonic game)

the problem with pit's voices, is that everyone spams the spinning blade thingie, and any sound in a constant repetitive pattern will end up being irritating.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Ike's voice is fine, for the most part. His VA got most of it right, except for the friends line. I'd still rather have his Japanese voice, though.

As for Sonic, his voice wasn't this bad in the Sonic Adventure series. The first time I heard "You're too slow!" I really cringed.

Pit and PT? Terrible all the way through. I hated Ash's voice in the original shows, and this didn't help. Pit just sounds.....terrible. "You're not ready, yet!" I found that to be worse than "The fight is on!"

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
I like most of the vioce's, Falco's Brooklyn tone could be toned down a bit. My gripe is MetaKnights Victory is my destiny line with the spanish accent. Accents aren't good with a Darth vader type voice.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
I personally think he sounds like a classic cartoon character. Like a little boy you would hear talk in a tom and jerry episode.

MRogue

Smash Rookie
I think the American voice actors did a pretty decent job. PT doesn't seem to grate on the chalkboard of my brain like most, but I can't stand bloody Pit. And although I love Ike as a character, his lines are some of the most vapid, insipid lines in the game. His victory quotes sound less like victory and more like... some sort of job interview. "I fight for my friends.... write that down, please."

Attractive Penguin

Smash Apprentice
The fight is on!
The fight is on!
The fight is on!
The fight is on!
The fight is on!
The fight is on!
The fight is on!
The fight is on!
The fight is on!
The fight is on!
The fight is on!
The fight is on!

No, Pit's voice isn't really to bad. If anything, the one that really gets to me is Ike.

Top Bottom