• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i dont no if you guys are going to be happy about this but....

Jiggy.

Smash Rookie
I'm just glad he isn't a bad character. I would rather have Olimar be good so I can decently use him than have him be a sucky character.

Also since he seems to be hard to master, many people may decide to pick another top tier that's easier to master.

Faolmor

Smash Rookie
wasn't aimed at you textbook, I think your a great player and am not one of those people to assume your only good because of the character, I too use Olimar...

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
It would kinda suck actually if Olimar got top tier or even one of the highest tiers. Because then people would start playing him b/c of his rank. Then people like us, who liked Olimar before he was announced, fall into a massive crowd of people and its hard to tell who's who. I'd personally love it if he got bottom tier b/c then "nobody" would play him.

As for my position on tier lists in general, remember: Tiers only become important when both players are 100% evenly matched, and how often does that happen? I'd like to say never. It all comes down to the player. Further increasing my pleasure when he's called "bottom tier" if ever.

@Jiggy. Saying you would like to play a good character as opposed to a bad one doesn't really mean much. I mean, the characters are supposed to be a lot more balanced in this one as opposed to Melee. But don't get me wrong, I'm sure you wanna play Olimar b/c your a fan, not just a top tier groupie.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well... whatever tier they end up, how overused (wh0r3d) or not used at all.

I will take pride in knowing I was with him since the start (before revealed).

Pik & Oli for life!
Here here!

And yeah, all the Pikmen, and other Olimar fans that exist right now who DO end up maining Olimar, ought to put "I mained Olimar BEFORE he was top tier" in their sig, in the event he becomes top tier.

But more power to him, anyway.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say though, whoever said that P&O had the highest topic count is right (I think it was IllidR) - I just looked for some reason. Sadly, R.O.B. has the lowest and the most cob webb-filled new character sub-thread, lol.

Anyway, I finally got to play P&O for the first time, 8 minutes in total, and so far I'm really loving his character (and the Pikmin ofcourse). Screw those tiers, I'm taking solace in the fact that there's rarely anyone that's going to be able to play him properly. 12 more days until I get to kick some ***!!

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say though, whoever said that P&O had the highest topic count is right (I think it was IllidR)
No, it was me >:c
I think we ought to take into consideration the fact that he has been around longer than the other newcomers. So Olimar is basically just the most popular on the starting roster..

Top Bottom