• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I don't have a 2GB SD card

Kaii

Smash Rookie
As the title says... if i don't have a 2GB SD Card, i can't play Project M?

I read that for >2GB SD card users, you must use Riivolution, but riivolution isn't a USB loader, and i have got my SSBB on a USB device. What can i do? :_(

Sorry about my english.

Kati

Smash Lord
wow this is going to get confusing.

By the sounds of it... getting a disc would be the most straight forward solution, or are you using a usb device because of a faulty disc drive?

Kaii

Smash Rookie
wow this is going to get confusing.

By the sounds of it... getting a disc would be the most straight forward solution, or are you using a usb device because of a faulty disc drive?
That is. My drive is broken and i must to play games from usb. >_<

Kati

Smash Lord
then I suggest lurking whatever websites offer used goods like craigslist or used(insert your city here)

Tailicus

Smash Rookie
Know of any good places to find a 2GB SD card? I can't seem to find any locally and when I look online they are more expensive than 4GB and sometimes 8GB...

Narpas_sword

USB loading is by far better than disc loading anyway.

if youre loading brawl by usb already, then all you need to do is place the hombrew files on your SD card, enable ocarina cheats and set hooktype to axnextframe.

Booting brawl with those settings should take you straight to PM

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Know of any good places to find a 2GB SD card? I can't seem to find any locally and when I look online they are more expensive than 4GB and sometimes 8GB...
You could play the method I use. I use a 4gb sdhc card in a hackless wii and I run it via letterbomb
This is what I have done for my wii to run Project M
Go here http://please.hackmii.com/
Type in your MAC address, it will be in wii settings and select the correct version of your wii. That will be written in settings. Most likely 4.3U if you're trying to run PM
UNTICK Bundle Hackmii Installer
Cut any wire given there, it doesn't matter
You will get a folder called 'Private'

Now, in your PM 3.6 download, you should see the folders and files
  • codes
  • private
  • projectm
  • boot.elf
  • gameconfig.txt
Now delete the private folder from the PM download, and replace it with the private folder you created. Make sure you delete the old folder first because when you replace files sometimes errors may happen.
Now remove your sd card and put it in your wii. Now you don't run the game through brawl, but instead you run it through the wii messages. You will see a red letter icon for 13th November or whatever the date you created the private folder. Click on that and Project M launcher should appear. Click on play and it should work. Hopefully it does :)

Tailicus

Smash Rookie
I Just decided to buy the 2GB SD cards. That seems easier and until i get a wii u I don't want to go through the entire hacking deal since I'm not really used to all that stuff.

Also I really like the new SSB. Better than Brawl IMO.

Tailicus

Smash Rookie
You could play the method I use. I use a 4gb sdhc card in a hackless wii and I run it via letterbomb
This is what I have done for my wii to run Project M
Go here http://please.hackmii.com/
Type in your MAC address, it will be in wii settings and select the correct version of your wii. That will be written in settings. Most likely 4.3U if you're trying to run PM
UNTICK Bundle Hackmii Installer
Cut any wire given there, it doesn't matter
You will get a folder called 'Private'

Now, in your PM 3.6 download, you should see the folders and files
  • codes
  • private
  • projectm
  • boot.elf
  • gameconfig.txt
Now delete the private folder from the PM download, and replace it with the private folder you created. Make sure you delete the old folder first because when you replace files sometimes errors may happen.
Now remove your sd card and put it in your wii. Now you don't run the game through brawl, but instead you run it through the wii messages. You will see a red letter icon for 13th November or whatever the date you created the private folder. Click on that and Project M launcher should appear. Click on play and it should work. Hopefully it does :)

And I'll keep this in mind in case I don't wanna wait. But with Black Friday sales I think I'll be getting a wii U soon.

alex9918

Smash Cadet
As the title says... if i don't have a 2GB SD Card, i can't play Project M?

I read that for >2GB SD card users, you must use Riivolution, but riivolution isn't a USB loader, and i have got my SSBB on a USB device. What can i do? :_(

Sorry about my english.
You could try and get one, But seeing as $$$ isnt the most abundant thing nowadays, You should be able to launch with greater than a 2 GB SD card if you homebrew your wii. There are really simple tutorials that show you how to do it step by step. Hope i helped.

Top Bottom