• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i dont get it

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Turn tap jump off, dash, C-stick down to initiate dash attack, then immediately press up + Z.

null55

Smash Master
You don't have to turn tap jump off... Up-Z? Wtf.

If you're having trouble doing this, it's a lot easier than you think, but you need to hit someone in order to do it. There's no need to specify a frame, just mash the c-stick up immediately after the dash connects. You can't just dash and hit up on the c-stick out in the blue, you have to hit the opponent with the dash so technically I don't think you can say that the u-smash cancels the dash attack...

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
It's a matter of preference or the way you learned it. I learned the way I explained the technique. Heck, it's even in SlashTalon's instructional vid (Just not the tap Jump part). If it wasn't clear enough I meant up on the analog stick.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
The way I do gattling/DLX is tap jump offf, dash A, then immediately up A as it connects.

Its also possible to just do down on cstick, up+Z when dash connects with/without tap jump

You can even do it when the dash hits a sheild

Dyxnar14

Smash Apprentice
I dont turn tap jump off. I just dash and Up-C Stick. Its Called a DLX(Dante Link X i think) or a Gatling Combo

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be neat if we had a Falco guide stickied to help clear these kinds of things up...? Then maybe new players to the forums could look into Falco before they post questions like this.

Wait a second! We have a guide: Din Peregrine, a SSBB Falco Guide

Well written, well supported, and full of contributions from many of the best and most notable Falco's on the forums... What a shame that the Falco forums have no moderators.

If you'd like to contribute or ask questions about anything in the guide, I highly suggest doing so at its other location: Din Peregrine @ All is Brawl

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
New players can't help it if they don't know the names of these techniques. They don't know what to search for. The problem is with the poor moderation of the forums. If we had guides and other informative threads stickied, people new to the forums would have something denoting helpful information from the rest of the junk. As it is, the forums are filling up with spam and reposts of already answered questions.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
...why turn tap jump off? And you can do it using A or just the Cstick too.

LOL @ giving it new names.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Sorry T mac, I didn't see the post count.

Enochuout, I'd volunteer to do something to clean up the forums, shame the mods don't offer anything up.

Top Bottom