• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS I despise the classic mode

HaggisMCF

Smash Rookie
Really. I mean, it's so incredibly annoying to have the items on high (especially the ones that near instakill)
at some point it just really comes down to being lucky and having a bomb omb spawn in your face then anything else.
My mind is blanking on me right now if it was in fact also like this in previous classic modes, but it's so incredibly annoying to kick ass and then be defeated by a CPU perfect shield, pick up a one hit ko thing that lifts you from the screen, and kill you with it.

Was it allways this bad?

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
I enjoy classic mode, even with the items. It's fun, and that's kinda why they gave you 2 stocks so you could last lol.
Magicant stage I always go for Birdman because you know, he just wreaks people.
I hate how 9.0 forces you into the crazy&master hand, I just want to unlock the challenge without having to play 50 times to defeat them :(

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I only despite it because of Intensity 9.0 Master Core. I always, always die from it using Shuruku.
I think I've done about eight 9.0 runs only to get game overs and quit lel

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I only dislike having to waste gold in order to play Classic Mode in higher difficulties. At this point I will never beat the game at Intensity 9.0.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I haven't even bothered trying 9.0 yet. I really like the Classic mode in this game, quick and to the point while getting rewarded. The problem is not being able to choose the frequency of the items (in all modes).

I can't tell you how many times I was demolishing everyone in All Star mode only to die from the stage. Or how in Classic mode I had to continue 3 times just to beat that stupid Wario Ware level, items full blast with Wario's everywhere. Sure my 3DS XL can open and close are practically a right angle, but both shells were about to get a divorce.

Master Core at 9.0, I don't even wanna :(

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Wait, you have to pay gold to play 9.0?
So that's where that 10000K went.

Huh. At least I beat it.
You have to pay gold to play most intensities, but it is only up to 7.0 that you have to pay a LOT of gold.

DadPalindrome

Smash Cadet
NNID
DadPalindrome
3DS FC
3780-9241-3996
Eh, I really like the persistent 2 lives things they added this time around. Better than only having 5 lives for the entirety of classic mode. Really helped when I beat 9.0, because I usually died once on every stage.
Also, is the item count set to high? It doesn't feel like there was an overabundance when I was playing. I kind of would have preferred that because I could have just stalled until a good item popped up.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I've been playing it like crazy and have beaten in on 8.0 with every character now. Still love it.

9.0 on the other hand. Have not completed....

DodgeDusk

Smash Rookie
NNID
DodgeDusk
3DS FC
3668-8055-4125
I'm liking Classic Mode this game. The normal battles on Intensity 9.0 are, for the most part, easily doable, with the final battle being a nice challenge. I'm starting to get used to Master Core's various forms, and almost beat the final part of the battle with a non-customised Pit. I think the mode's great if you don't play it constantly. Much like Smash Run. Maybe a session or two a day, or something

As for previous installments, I don't remember enjoying them as much as I did compared to this game's Classic Mode. Master (and Crazy) Hand aren't really that exciting to play against in those games, in my opinion. I do like the mini-games in between matches, though. Unfortunately, the 3DS version lacks them

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I like classic mode, but I have problems with it.
-No mini games
-Pay for higher difficulty (even lower difficulty)
-Lose .5 difficulty every continue you get
-Overall doesn't feel so "classic"

I do like
-Choosing paths (even though imo is one of the things that defeats the purpose of calling it classic)
-2 stocks in every match instead of having 1-5 throughout the whole playthrough.
-MASTER ****ING CORE
-Team matches are acceptable, meaning they are easy to kill even in 9.0. I always found them cheap as crap in highest difficulties in other smash games.

I like the mode, it feels fresh but defeats the "classic" purpose imo. I find it rewarding to beat 9.0 with characters I play with.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I only despite it because of Intensity 9.0 Master Core. I always, always die from it using Shuruku.
I think I've done about eight 9.0 runs only to get game overs and quit lel
This. 9.0 Master Core in sword form is the bane of my existence. I just want to beat it on 9. And I've tried a thousand times.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Why is master core so hard... I put on custom equipment for Shulk and still couldn't beat him...

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
You gotta work hard to beat Master Core on 9.0. My brothers younger than me and HE beat Master Core at 9.0.....

RogerWazup007

Smash Cadet
I don't like how the wheel spins quickly, most red unlocks are useless equipment and specials you already have, and how you lose those unlocks when you die. Also, having to fight a shadow form of yourself WITH A TIME LIMIT is a really cheap way to end a boss fight, especially when it spams edge guarding and dodging so that you can't kill it in time.

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
I love it. Items are part of the game and they belong in classic. I find it hard to believe you lost your 2 stock to items and if you have horrible luck and it happens just try again. Its not even 5 minutes. I liked the classic modes of the previous games a bit more though.

Beaten 9.0 With both Ganondorf and Fox. Pretty tough but got nothing on Boss Battle intense tabuu in brawl

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
I don't even see a problem with Intensity 9.0 Master Core lol, I beat Classic on my 2nd try with Link (whom I've mained/semi-mained in every game, but Brawl, and there I mained Toon Link), you just have to play it with a character you're good at, don't listen to the people who tell you to use Ike, Lucario, or Bowser. Because, contrary to popular belief, they do not make it any easier, the may make it a tad easier to deal some damage, but if you don't know how to play that character well, you're gonna fail. Mark my words. As for actual advice, train on intensity 7.5-8.0 beforehand, specifically against the first form, which in my opinion is the hardest. And no matter what, don't worry, it'll get easier and easier (since my first win on 9.0 I've done it four more times)

Last edited:

JetSetWoodo

Smash Rookie
NNID
JetSetWoodo
3DS FC
0146-9264-6465
The highest I've done so far is 6.0 (I'm not that good XD) with ZSS and Greninja. I don't mind if I die because the mode akes about 10 minutes to finish anyway (although if I pick up a trophy I really like, I'll continue and hope I can keep it). It does really suck there are no bonus modes like Race to the Finish or Target Smash though.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I've only completed 7.1 intensity in Classic Mode, just because I'm too much of a wimp to try 8.0 or even the dreaded 9.0 intensity level. I know I'm not ready yet in terms of skill to complete those intensity levels and I'm fine with that. Overall though, I really like Classic Mode this time around. It's a great way to get gold, trophies, custom moves and more IMO. I feel the length of it fits well with the whole handheld experience in playing short bursts at a time.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Lol, you'd guys would have a heart attack fighting the bosses in Gunvolt.

Really though, it isn't that bad with some decent equipment. The human form definitely requires some practice, but the rest are pretty much cake.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I can only do 8.5 at most, tried 9.0 and got my ass handed to me by Master Core. With some practice though, I'm sure I can give him the revenge I desire.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
I don't even see a problem with Intensity 9.0 Master Core lol, I beat Classic on my 2nd try with Link (whom I've mained/semi-mained in every game, but Brawl, and there I mained Toon Link), you just have to play it with a character you're good at, don't listen to the people who tell you to use Ike, Lucario, or Bowser. Because, contrary to popular belief, they do not make it any easier, the may make it a tad easier to deal some damage, but if you don't know how to play that character well, you're gonna fail. Mark my words. As for actual advice, train on intensity 7.5-8.0 beforehand, specifically against the first form, which in my opinion is the hardest. And no matter what, don't worry, it'll get easier and easier (since my first win on 9.0 I've done it four more times)
Well someone told me to try it with Ganondorf... Now I'm really bad with him but I only had to retry 9.0 once. The trick, I think, is getting to Master Core's shadow imitation. If you use his third custom Side Special, Flame Chain, the imitation does not dodge it, so you can just spam it to kill it. Getting to it, though, was the toughie... Beast form was kinda easy with Warlock Punch but aerial attacks for the other two... Took a lot of patience and a lot of spot/roll dodging.

Top Bottom