• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest I Demand Respect!

I Demand Respect!
Posted by CodeNameGrapefruit
University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio Texas
Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 09:00 AM
Until: Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 11:59 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

CodeNameGrapefruit

Smash Rookie
The University of Texas at San Antonio eSports Community would like to invite you to I Demand Respect!

Time: Saturday, February 27th 2016

$300 Pot Bonus for Melee
$100 Pot Bonus for Smash 4

There will be a $5 venue fee and a $5 entry fee.

Smash.gg/idr

TOURNAMENT INFORMATION:

Melee—We will divide entrants into various round robin pools according to skill level and location. These pools will be balanced to the best of our ability. NO CHANGES WILL BE MADE TO POOLS AFTER THEY BEGIN! The number of players to qualify for bracket from each pool will be determined by the number of attendees. Bracket matches will be best of 3 until semi-finals, then will be best of 5. We will be using the MBR ruleset. (http://smashboards.com/threads/tentative-mbr-official-ruleset-for-2012.313252/).

Smash 4— Depending on the number of attendees there may or may not be pools. If more than 30 people enter, pools will be formed. If less than 30 people enter, there will only be a double elimination bracket. We will be using the San Antonio standard rule set. This means: 3 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Items set to “Off” and “None”, Equipment is banned, Custom moves are banned, Miis must have a “1111” moveset and a “medium” weight, Pause set to “Off”. There will print outs of a more detailed rule list at the event.

DISCLAIMERS:

We will be implementing the following rule: if a participant is 5 minutes late to a match, after the TO announces said match, they will lose the first game. If the participant is 10 minutes late, they will forfeit the match. Please let someone know where you are if you leave the venue!

We will need set up support for both games. The more set ups we have, the smoother the tournament will run, so bring them!
UTSA eSports will not be tolerating any bad behavior, bad manners, rudeness, etc. The TO’s word is law, failing to adhere to his rules will result in expulsion. Respect the venue, respect your peers, and respect yourselves. Physical altercations and damage to the venue will result in severe penalties!

Any attendee caught with alcohol or illicit drugs will be barred from UTSA events until the TO decides otherwise.

Swearing, vulgarity, or unprofessional behavior while casting matches will result in removal from the caster booth. We are representing the university and request that you conduct yourselves in a professional and civil manner.

We also ask that you limit your tournament entry to either Sm4sh or Melee. NOT BOTH.

PARKING INFORMATION AND CAMPUS MAP:

TBA

HOUSING & HOTEL INFORMATION:

There are several hotels near the university campus that you can choose from if you would like to spend the night in San Antonio. We will also be asking our local smash community to house out of city players if they would like to spend the night.

CURRENT SCHEDULE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Doors open: 9:00AM
Pools begin 12:00PM

*There may be various breaks for food or other reasons. The TO will inform you of these situations.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

https://www.facebook.com/events/468726076585887/

CodeNameGrapefruit

Smash Rookie
I will be attending I would love a email for location plz just to be safe
Im relatively new to smashboards so I don know how to private message.

A contact email will be: utsaesports@gmail.com

As for the location. We are hosting the event at The University of Texas at San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas. It will be located in the Harris Room. If there are any issues you can send us an email or check out the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/events/468726076585887/

DJBoxy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Unclecrusty
3DS FC
0533-4554-6029
Will there be side setups for friendlies/casuals if they pay the venue fee?

Top Bottom