• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I DACUS by dash attacking with C-Stick and inputting U-Smash with A+Up. Can I do it with either just

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
C-Stick or A? I'd just do it the way I am but I'm not quick enough unless I'm clawing, which isn't my preferred controller holding method.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Don't think so. A lot of people use one of the shoulder buttons to DACUS, so if you only use L or R to shield/lcancel/wavedash etc., it's a good option

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
WAIT NEVERMIND I CAN DO IT WITH PRESSING C-STICK DOWN TO DASH ATTACK, THEN ANALOG UP AND Z AT THE SAME TIME TO U SMASH

GOD DAMN IT FEELS SO GOOD TO DACUS SO FINE

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
To provide further clarification on what stronk bad said, using attack gives you a 1 frame larger window, so mapping a button you don't use to attack can be helpful to get more consistent results.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Haven't tried it in PM, but in Brawl I do down on the C-stick and up+Z. It works for some reason and doesn't require clawing.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I don't understand how to Dacus.

I currently have R to attack, and I understand the dash part of the DACUS, but what do I do with the C-Stick?

Inserio

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-8131-4530
The C-Stick is what you're using to do the dash attack, then you're cancelling that with Up+A. If you have R set to attack then it'll be super easy for you to just do Up+R, which is better than the Up+Z that a lot of people choose who don't like clawing. As mentioned elsewhere, using attack instead of grab allows you to not accidentally grab and it gives you 1 more frame window to pull it off.

Last edited:

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
Wait wait so to do a DACUS you dash attack first? I thought it was simply doing usmash while dashing. Can someone PLEASE help me, as a lucas main I really would like to figure this out xD

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Yes. Here are the steps to do DACUS:

Step one: Dash
Step two: Dash Attack with C-stick Down
Step three: Before Dash Attack comes out, input Up+Attack (By default, A) You can do Up+Grab (By default, Z) but if you mess up you do a Dash Grab. Using Attack adds another frame of leniency

To time it, what I like to do is flick C-stick down and after the flick ends (stick is in neutral) I input Up Smash

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
Yes. Here are the steps to do DACUS:

Step one: Dash
Step two: Dash Attack with C-stick Down
Step three: Before Dash Attack comes out, input Up+Attack (By default, A) You can do Up+Grab (By default, Z) but if you mess up you do a Dash Grab. Using Attack adds another frame of leniency

To time it, what I like to do is flick C-stick down and after the flick ends (stick is in neutral) I input Up Smash
Cool. I actually figured it out right before you told me this, and I totally get it now. I'm able to do it 80% of the time now, and it's super helpful. Was playing with some friends yesterday and in a 4 man brawl I promised I would get revenge on one of them. It felt so good to slide past the other 2 and put an up smash in his face xD Thanks a lot you guys for this thread : D

Top Bottom