• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I.D.C.S Tech overview and uses

Painless67

Smash Rookie
Basically, an idcs is not really an exploit but more of punish game and some follow ups.

======+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+==

{Part one: how to preform a d.c.s. cancel}

An idcs can be done in two ways. First is as follows: :GCD:+:GCB:, :GCA:(immediately after)

The second way is as follows::GCD:+:GCB:,:GCCN:(any direction immediately after) Though if you move to the :GCCN: too fast, It wont work (though it did in 3.0, which is when I learned it.)

HOW THE TECH SHOULD LOOK:

Metaknight should appear as if he is preforming a d.c./d.c.s. then immediately (like 2-5 frames immediately) appear again and slash. (NOTE: metaknight is stationary)

MOBILE I.D.C.S

Same inputs as a normal idcs. cancel but it makes metaknight move really fast to the left or right.

Inputs are as follows: :GCD:+:GCB:,IMMEDIATELY:GCL:/:GCR:+:GCA:/:GCCN:
Metaknight should move, left/right immediately, a moderate length lasting as long as a stationary d.c.s cancel

======+=====+======+======+=====+=====+=====+======+======+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+======

{Part two: applications}

1. It can help with edge-guarding. A idcs is not risky because it will let you grab to ledge when your close enough and your facing away from ledge.

2. It can kill. just like a d.c.s.

3. You can punish miss-techs and :GCB:moves that have recovery frames.

======+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+===

Thank you for viewing my thread! Please, I have probably just scratches the surface of this tech so if you find anything cool, fill up that discussion page.

:happysheep:

Last edited:

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I'm glad you found this, but MK players have been using this (myself included) for a very long time - definitely since 3.02, maybe even since 2.6. It's commonly called the Instant Dimensional Cape, or IDC for short. LOL.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Is this just an IDC? Yeah you could say that this is fairly common tech lol

It was much bigger in 3.02 when you could D-throw -> IDC combo extremely well, but it's still pretty basic MK tech...

Painless67

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the info^-^ srry, i'm new to smash boards and I haven't seen a lot of MK mains:grin:

IamElise

Smash Rookie
Yeah, this move has been a thing, sorry to burst your bubble yet again Painless67. What I used to like doing to mid-weight and light-weight characters, midpercent and low percent, respectively, I would dtilt or uthrow to pop them up, get in 2 uairs and then Cape Cancel to rack up a decent amount of damage on a somewhat flashy combo, a little tighter timing now for 3.5. It may kill on WarioWare or Yoshi's Story I think. Now, even though I try to perfect the timing, I use regular Cape more for reading tech rolls.

Top Bottom