• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I counted exactly 22 different versions of the Main Theme in Brawl's soundtrack.

luminoth

Smash Rookie
I agree with you (TheBigBadCow) on the point about the main theme having too many versions. I really don't remember any new originals for now but I remember melee had it's little share of great originals which you can hear on the orchestrated medley made by the new japan philharmonic.

However you shouldn't assume that nobody gives a crap about the music in the game. Actually people can be quite a nuisance on that point. Many DK gamers where whining about Stickerbrush Symphony because it has been completely changed. I actually think it's one of the best remixes in this game if not the best. You shouldn't look forward for too much orchestra. It wouldn't be nice to listen to some pedantic composition in every stage you play in.

cyber_turnip

Smash Rookie
I absolutely hate Brawl's theme. Operatic singing in Latin does not a good piece of music make. Melee's theme was WAY, WAY better.

That said, I really quite like some of the remixes. The Final Destination version and the Wifi Waiting Room versions for example. Although I completely agree, this game overuses it.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
For every good remix there's at least one song that is disappointing, or even painful to listen to.... Big Brain Academy, Shaberu DS Cooking Navi, Molgera, most of Village of the Blue Maiden, DK Arcade "mix" (sounds more like someone threw a bunch of retro sound effects together while smoking weed)
YOU DON'T LIKE MOLGERA??? I SHALL HUNT YOU DOWN AND F***ING KILL YOU!!!! :mad:

:laugh: Only joking. I can't expect eveyone to like every song, and, as you said, it's your opinion.

But, what about it don't you like it? :confused: Personally, I can't get enough of it.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
Honestly,I don't like the Main Theme,but thats only because of the singing.I like the remixes more than the original.But I agree with you there seems to be a little to many remixes,it may be the main theme but it is overused.

tehmpest

Smash Rookie
The Target Test music is the single best version of the theme, followed by Final Destination.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why anyone would be complaining about the soundtrack, its awesome! If there was ever a main theme used too often it was in Twilight Princess :p

Qlink

Smash Apprentice
:shyguy::bluejump:I dont like all the brawl theams...its kinda old
They need to have it like melee
Brawl may be good but it might not stand up to melee at all(well it probley will)Im talking about the music:shyguy::bluejump:

And i cant beleive that brawl has people singing...THis is the first smash game that has vocals. Id leave the vocals out for some songs. But some are good i guess

TheBigBadCow

Smash Cadet
YOU DON'T LIKE MOLGERA??? I SHALL HUNT YOU DOWN AND F***ING KILL YOU!!!! :mad:

:laugh: Only joking. I can't expect eveyone to like every song, and, as you said, it's your opinion.

But, what about it don't you like it? :confused: Personally, I can't get enough of it.

HA! I just KNEW I would get some flack for mentioning Molgera. I was actually waiting for a post like this. :laugh:

Wind Waker's sound samples suck. Flat-out suck. While the song does have a nice choice of instruments, In my opinion the flat, synthy sound samples remove any kind of dread that the mode of the music is supposed to convey. It's supposed to be a mysterious, foreboding theme, but then the flute starts up and your blasted with this obnoxious flat sound. Then you hear the strings and trumpet, and again they are flat and staccato. The individual parts are fine; there's just no feeling to any of it. To complicate this, the track tries to go with a minimalistic style for the first half of the song before branching out. Again, this just does not work well given the limitations of the samples. A song like this would need to flow, and instead every instrument is played straight and pretty much staccato. Once the legato strings come in, the songs gets a bit better for me, but listening to the first half of this song is painful.

I was really hoping for a remix with this one... It could be a great song if it kept the same insturmentation and much of the orchestration but just added better sound samples, and added some creative flair to the parts of the background instruments to improve the mood of the song to bring out the quiet fear that the song tries to convey.]

Almost the exact same thing can be said for Village of the Blue Maiden, the other Zelda song I don't like at all. The reason I don't like it is because the synth samples are ugly, and the melody is played very staccato, which sounds horrible on poor quality synth.

Even OoT's samples sounded better than this. Listen to the next song in Brawl's soundtrack: Gerudo Valley. You can hear the trumpets, although poorer in sound quality, at least sound like a real trumpet because the notes fade and swell, just like if it were a real instrument.

I know I sound like a total music geek now, haha. I'll take it in stride. I'm not even a music major, I swear. :laugh:

EDIT: For all the guys saying there's nothing wrong with having 22 versions of the same song, and that the song is "good enough" to be repeated so much.... You simply havnt listened to the soundtrack long enough. I USED to like the song, and I still do somewhat, but hearing over and over and over again gets on your nerves. Once you get the game and start hearing the same melody all over the place, I bet a lot of you will start liking the song a lot less.

Spellman

Smash Ace
In terms of original music, yes, the main theme is pretty much all this game has to bark at. It's not a bad theme, but I can see why people would want more original music. Somewhat disappointing, but given this game is focused on every other franchises themes, I am forgiving.

Blaaaat

Smash Rookie
I think thats really disappointing, really. I mean, one of the reasons Brawl's soundtrack is so huge is that all the songs are remixes or straight-up copies of old songs. There's no time or money invested into the actual composing, cause the song's already there.
And how is this different from the other Smash games? At least in this game I get to chose which remix song I want to hear in a level.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Ai no Uta is quite meh in French, at least in my opinion. The Japanese one makes me want to go lay out in a grassy field. Ahhh....
The French one is only meh because of its length, IMO. French is an extremely pretty lyrical language.
Seriously, if you understood the lyrics of the French song, you would know it sucks. It's so naïve and dumb. Some parts are not even coherent with the Pikmin games : how are the Pikmins supposed to "multiply and get full of energy" ? It makes it looks like they are cloned by splitting. Brrr...

That's why I prefer the Japanese version. Maybe it's even more naïve, but at least, I can't understand it :laugh:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Brawl may be good but it might not stand up to melee at all(well it probley will)Im talking about the music

And i cant beleive that brawl has people singing...THis is the first smash game that has vocals. Id leave the vocals out for some songs. But some are good i guess
1. God forbid a video game has vocal songs in it. They are all songs that originally had vocals in them to begin with. And most people can't understand Latin, so the singing in that feels no different from an extra instrument.

2. How can Brawl not stand up to Melee in regards to Music... WHEN IT HAS ALL OF THE SONGS (barring what, 2?) FROM MELEE?

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Really though, repetitive things don't bother me unless they're bad repetitive things!
...We shall see!

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Who doesn't love Ashley's theme in English?

Pataloneous Giganticious

OH NOES! NOT AGAIN!
the better question is who can stand it when they start singing?
i wanted to make sure i wasn't crazy so i brought some friends this song (some gamers a smasher some sports fans)all they said was either WTF?! or man that's gay i just find it disturbing very disturbing

Top Bottom