• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't freaking beat Little Mac on For Glory!

Amphaboss

Smash Rookie
Lately, I have been finding more and more Little Macs on For Glory, And I have never won against any of them! I main Bowser and Kirby, and occasionally Pac-man. The reason being is that his moves are extremely fast, and i cant advance anywhere on the neutral without getting completely blown away by his incredible jab, or his dash and smash attacks. Once im in the air i find it near impossible to land safely without getting blasted away once again by either his roll into jab, or, when i try to attack, his smash attacks because of the fast start up and superarmour. Whenever i remain in shield, he either breaks it with a pivot smash attack or locks me in with a jab, before rolling away and attacking once more. Even when I am offstage, especially with Bowser, I find it impossible to return thanks to the Downsmash overpowered hitbox. If I am extremely lucky and manage to get him off stage in almost every situation when i try edgeguard, he either airdoges counters, or just jolt haymakers which send me off again. Little mac outranges an incredible majority of Kirbys and Bowsers moves with his smash attacks and end up getting killed at annoying percents thanks to that. Spacing with pacman is extremely difficult thanks to his fast dodge and most of my projectiles are broken in one or two hits anyway. Is there anyway to beat him or should I just resort to SD'ing everytime I encounter one? Please help.

MikaPlayz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thexwhitexfangx
3DS FC
1779-3096-4913
Lately, I have been finding more and more Little Macs on For Glory, And I have never won against any of them! I main Bowser and Kirby, and occasionally Pac-man. The reason being is that his moves are extremely fast, and i cant advance anywhere on the neutral without getting completely blown away by his incredible jab, or his dash and smash attacks. Once im in the air i find it near impossible to land safely without getting blasted away once again by either his roll into jab, or, when i try to attack, his smash attacks because of the fast start up and superarmour. Whenever i remain in shield, he either breaks it with a pivot smash attack or locks me in with a jab, before rolling away and attacking once more. Even when I am offstage, especially with Bowser, I find it impossible to return thanks to the Downsmash overpowered hitbox. If I am extremely lucky and manage to get him off stage in almost every situation when i try edgeguard, he either airdoges counters, or just jolt haymakers which send me off again. Little mac outranges an incredible majority of Kirbys and Bowsers moves with his smash attacks and end up getting killed at annoying percents thanks to that. Spacing with pacman is extremely difficult thanks to his fast dodge and most of my projectiles are broken in one or two hits anyway. Is there anyway to beat him or should I just resort to SD'ing everytime I encounter one? Please help.
well u see this is what you do first you click back then through ur game console out the window then u have beaten the for glorry little mackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk all kiding aside grab him as much as you can to through him of stage and then if u can/want stage spike him (hit hime into the stage) then he cant recover OR just give up and through ur console out the window and its little mac the most OP carecter in ze game REALLY NINTENDO!!! Y NOT ISAAC OR SOMTHING!!!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm not articulate enough to give good answers to all these questions but here's a few pointers that I think would help you combat Little Mac:

One of the things you're going to want to do in general is to try baiting/tricking Little Mac into using his jab or smash attacks* and shield them, then drop shield immediately after you're safe and punish (hit or grab) them for it while they are in end lag. Just don't hang out in shield and/or make it too obvious.

Whenever you've got Mac into the air, like you said, they will probably use counter, so follow him up to the air and just wait it out a bit, they'll most likely either toss out counter or do a air-dodge, and the moment they are done with that you can punish them for that. Just don't wait them out everytime because it becomes predictable, and they'll start to mix up their timing.

When your knocked off-stage, try to aim for grabbing the ledge, it grants invincibility for a half second**and Little Mac's d-smash won't get you there.

This one applies to every character but if your struggling against any certain character try to play them yourselves for a few matches, once you've got their feel down try to take note of what they struggle against and apply that to your gameplan.

*(There is one big exception to this though, his downwards F-smash can break shield, if you see it coming try to spot-dodge or jump and punish them or if your feeling less confident just roll out of the way.)
** (Only for the first time you grab it before touching the ground again, if you use it twice in a row without getting on stage first you won't have any invincibility.)

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Amphaboss

Smash Rookie
I'm not articulate enough to give good answers to all these questions but here's a few pointers that I think would help you combat Little Mac:

One of the things you're going to want to do in general is to try baiting/tricking Little Mac into using his jab or smash attacks* and shield them, then drop shield immediately after you're safe and punish (hit or grab) them for it while they are in end lag. Just don't hang out in shield and/or make it too obvious.

Whenever you've got Mac into the air, like you said, they will probably use counter, so follow him up to the air and just wait it out a bit, they'll most likely either toss out counter or do a air-dodge, and the moment they are done with that you can punish them for that. Just don't wait them out everytime because it becomes predictable, and they'll start to mix up their timing.

When your knocked off-stage, try to aim for grabbing the ledge, it grants invincibility for a half second**and Little Mac's d-smash won't get you there.

This one applies to every character but if your struggling against any certain character try to play them yourselves for a few matches, once you've got their feel down try to take note of what they struggle against and apply that to your gameplan.

*(There is one big exception to this though, his downwards F-smash can break shield, if you see it coming try to spot-dodge or jump and punish them or if your feeling less confident just roll out of the way.)
** (Only for the first time you grab it before touching the ground again, if you use it twice in a row without getting on stage first you won't have any invincibility.)

I hope that helps.
Thanks a lot! That helped. A lot.

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
If you main Pacman (I 2ndary him) You should have no issues beating Little Mac, and I main Little Mac, Pac is one of our worst MUs, trampoline shuts Mac down. Do not go hydrant crazy, space with tramp, if he side bs over it, shield and grab him. Otherwise charge fruit and knock hydrant to space more. Get Mac off the ledge and gimp him.

Top Bottom