• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't find a single character I like

JohnCenaWWE

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
This is the best post in the thread so far - my final suggestion to OP would be to play characters you think you might like better than others and narrow it down, your niche will fall into place.

Other than that we will just be talking in circles.
" I don't even know my own playstyle, so it's hard for me to chose a character based on that."

Smash Bros is literally a game where various characters from Nintendo's greatest franchises fight it out.

If you can not find a character you like, you should not be playing this game.
you are literally autistic

Last edited by a moderator:

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Sounds like your just not enjoying the game to be honest, there's 50 characters, one has to peak a high interest

JohnCenaWWE

Smash Rookie
it seems like no one is grabbing the concept of this thread, I DONT KNOW what kind of character I like in this sort of game, I ha
Sounds like your just not enjoying the game to be honest, there's 50 characters, one has to peak a high interest
like I have said, I definitely enjoy smash, its one of my favorite game series of all time, but It's the only nintendo game I really like. There are many characters that I have found enjoyable but they all have certain things that make me not want to play them over and over. Like with bowser I just feel like a huge moving target.

JohnCenaWWE

Smash Rookie
what im gathering from most people in this thread is that only nintendo fanboys are allowed to play smash, and if you dont have a favorite nintendo series you dont actually enjoy the game and you should return it

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
" I don't even know my own playstyle, so it's hard for me to chose a character based on that."
If that is the case, then I'd recommend playing a few friendlies with someone that has experience in the game but ask them to assess how you play to evaluate you. Pick a couple characters that you tend to do well with (you can look this up in the game's statistics) and go 1 or 2 rounds with them a piece. They can give you some pointers on how you seem to fight, and you can use that to find your ideal character. It would be ideal to do this in person for the direct feed back, but if you live in a location where that is harder to do, then ask a smasher here on the board to set something up. 10 minutes is all it would take to get an idea, 20 for a good assessment I'd think.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well, I said it's fine not having a main. I like playing random at times. There's too many good characters out there that I enjoy playing as. While I do have mains, it's because I've been playing as them in past games. Other than that, I think it's perfectly acceptable not to have a main or to main "Random".

JohnCenaWWE

Smash Rookie
If that is the case, then I'd recommend playing a few friendlies with someone that has experience in the game but ask them to assess how you play to evaluate you. Pick a couple characters that you tend to do well with (you can look this up in the game's statistics) and go 1 or 2 rounds with them a piece. They can give you some pointers on how you seem to fight, and you can use that to find your ideal character. It would be ideal to do this in person for the direct feed back, but if you live in a location where that is harder to do, then ask a smasher here on the board to set something up. 10 minutes is all it would take to get an idea, 20 for a good assessment I'd think.
this is actually a possible option, thanks friend

JohnCenaWWE

Smash Rookie
Well, I said it's fine not having a main. I like playing random at times. There's too many good characters out there that I enjoy playing as. While I do have mains, it's because I've been playing as them in past games. Other than that, I think it's perfectly acceptable not to have a main or to main "Random".
I definitely want a main, thats just how I play fighting games and thats also how I would like to play smash.

Kwam$tack$

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwamStackS
what im gathering from most people in this thread is that only nintendo fanboys are allowed to play smash, and if you dont have a favorite nintendo series you dont actually enjoy the game and you should return it
Look its simple. If it's a game you're not familiar with you play with everyone until you find somebody. If you play for countless hours and STILL dont like anyone then at that point i'd be asking myself wtf am I doing still playing this game? Its like going to a movie. If its 3 hours long it shouldn't take you 2 hrs and 45 minutes to decide if you like it. If by hour 1 there's nothing you like about it then its probably time to think about leaving and getting a refund...

You don't have to be a fanboy to like the game. You just have to find it fun.

Last edited:

JohnCenaWWE

Smash Rookie
Look its simple. If it's a game you're not familiar with you play with everyone until you find somebody. If you play for countless hours and STILL dont like anyone then at that point i'd be asking myself wtf am I doing still playing this game? Its like going to a movie. If its 3 hours long it shouldn't take you 2 hrs and 45 minutes to decide if you like it. If by hour 1 there's nothing you like about it then its probably time to think about leaving and getting a refund...
Did you read the thread? I have said several times that I enjoy smash, but I just can't find a character that I think is worth maining

Kwam$tack$

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KwamStackS
Did you read the thread? I have said several times that I enjoy smash, but I just can't find a character that I think is worth maining
So either play em all or quit. Doesnt seem like you have any other options at this point, no?

Edit: or you could play another 800 matches and come back and make another thread about still not having a main

Last edited:

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
I will never beat someone that mains a certain character, with a character that i only play 1/49 of the time :(

you are literally autistic
Don't go around throwing words like that. Not cool man, not cool. >;l

Also, you're double posting.. a lot.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I use Rosalina a lot simply because she's so much fun to play as (and I love her as a character, in general so there yo go). I'm also a beast with Mega Man, Link (who's been one of my mains since Smash 64), Ike and Lucina.

Top Bottom