• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't believe this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconPunch

Smash Journeyman
I seriously can't believe that some people here really think that they can beat a pro if advanced techniques are out and/or they play with items. Do you seriously think that's what makes them good?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Dead Horse: THAT DOES IT!

*Dead Horse gets his .38 and starts going on a killing spree. He kills every Smasher he meets*

dark_templar_99

Smash Cadet
Pros who wave dash aren't called "pros" because of the fact that they use it. "Pros" know more about the game and can play it better than non-pros. Removing advanced techniques doesnt hurt them very much. "Pros" would still be better at the overall game than many other people.

People who are whining about wavedashing being removed are probably not even good to begin with.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
No, many casual players will be able to. There are many very skilled casual players (I consider myself one but dont take my word for it :D) But the advanced techniques are what split the casuals from the advanced. Now beginners are a different story but yea XD

But thats just my opinion >.> But remember, advanced players arent the only ones who are quite skilled with mindgames =]

Hong

The Strongest
Am I the only competitive player that could care less about the lack of wavedashing or L-cancelling? Heck, even if they didn't miss anything and there were no exploits I wouldn't be complaining. There will always be mindgames and skill. While advanced techniques put more emphasis on these qualities, they will never fade away, especially with new abilities like the footstool jump.

Get over it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
We will find new ones...
Damm straight we will. If you read the Gimpyfish E for All thread, they mention they are already working on finding and figuring out some sexy new tricks.

Am I the only competitive player that could care less about the lack of wavedashing or L-cancelling?
Pretty much. Though I find L-cancelling pretty handy. But WDish I don't really miss.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
I can tape my shoulder button finger down, play as Luigi, and beat a campus full of people...

Advance techniques means nothing, just basic mind games and the ability to anger your opponent can do enough...

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I dont think I'll miss L cancelling too much if the air to ground lag truly is greatly improved. After all, if you had to "L cancel" ground attacks to get them to come out faster or end quicker, then that wouldnt make too much sense and would be rather irritating; another step towards button mashing.

Mama

Smash Ace
Damm straight we will. If you read the Gimpyfish E for All thread, they mention they are already working on finding and figuring out some sexy new tricks.

Pretty much. Though I find L-cancelling pretty handy. But WDish I don't really miss.
L canceling is more or less automatic and therefore somewhat obsolete. Although it could simply be altered for the demo.

And yes we will find more advanced techniques. I doubt anyone knew what was in store when Melee was released.

And to the OP I know what you mean. There are some tards that honestly believe that because a few Melee standards have changed that casuals who learn of the competitive scene will have an even chance. I can't wait to see them proven dead wrong. When this trend of threads is gone and Brawl is out I'll dig up a few old dead threads and let people look back on how stupid and trivial people became. lol

Linkster47

Smash Apprentice
The pros would still win. Just watch a vid of how they play. They don't WD every two seconds and L-canceling does not cancel that many frames, however ithey have helped me survive much longer in a match against others who use them.Those two are really the only "accidental" advanced techs in the game. All the other ones are not true advanced techs in my opinion. The only thing that makes them advanced is the fact that good players use them and casuals don't.

Heck, I remember the first time I saw Ken play and I was like "He's not that good, I'd crush him". Then I saw some combo vids and I knew I was out of my league with or without advanced techs. Even if they didn't use their full mind game potential, they were so consistent and never left themselves open.

Oh, and I can beat all my casual friends without using advanced techs, it's very easy.

Hong

The Strongest
By taking out L-cancelling, they can have more control over how powerful an aerial attack can be. Sometimes an aerial attack can be too fast when you have L-cancelled, but too slow when you miss it. They can put in more aerial attacks like this. Powerful aerial attacks can have a long delay to be punished, and slow ones will have little delay to improve the fundamentals of aerial combat. It's really nothing too horrible.

I for one, like many others, L-cancel naturally when landing. Sure I'll have to get used to not_L-cancelling, but it's my own fault for becoming intuned to a different game. I don't get what the big deal is.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
There are some tards that honestly believe that because a few Melee standards have changed that casuals who learn of the competitive scene will have an even chance. I can't wait to see them proven dead wrong.
As a skilled casual player, I am obligated to prove you wrong when Brawl comes out XD

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
Dammit I hope someone closes this thread.

No one will accept the fact that their are different ways to play, and different strategies to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom