• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't add 75M, Mario Circut and Mario Bros. stage into my PM Build.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
I have reverted most of the remaining stages back to version brawls for alternate stages with MewTwo2000's ASL tool. I did this by adding a select button that didn't include a stage file. That way it loaded the vbrawl versions. This however did not work with the stages Mushroomy Kingdom, Mario Circut, 75M and Mario Bros. I added an alternative skin for the Mushroomy Kingdom and that solved the issue for that stage. I just have to have it an alternative look is all. I haven't been able to find a way to bring the other 3 stages back however. Alternative stages over 75M and Mushroomy Kingdom aren't even working for me period. I just get all black stages on 75M except for random platform sprite. Also Mario Bros appears black with only the pow box appearing. Does anyone know how to add these stages correctly?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that you need to delete the respective .rel files for these stages. However, this will most likely make it so that only the vanilla stage will work and not the alternate/PM-modified stage.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Setting the ASL tool to load a stage that has no file under it will cause it to still use the custom .rel already tied to the slot.

For example, Mario bros. is Fountain of Dreams (STGFAMICOM) in P:M with it's own necessary .rel (st_famicom.rel). Giving FoD an alternate stage (say STGFAMICOM_Z in this case) will still cause said alternate to load "st_famicom.rel" unless you specified ASL tool to load a separate one for it (st_famicom_Z.rel).

If you want the stages back, you need to add them as alts with their own .rel files respectively, or outright delete the project m stage(s) and .rels on those slots, the latter or which will give you only the vBrawl stages.

Last edited:

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
I want to keep the Project M stages too. Is there somewhere where I can find the rel files for the standard vbrawl stages then? Or if I just convert a Final Destination stage rel to famicon and Donkey may that work?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
That folder seemed empty from where I am at for some reason. It is all good though. I went to the online converter at http://www.lakora.us/rel/ and converter the rels I needed from themselves back into themselves and downloaded them. It worked too. Thanks a million.

Top Bottom