• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can win as Wolf with 4 moves.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Laser, Dsmash, Fsmash and the occasional Usmash.

That's all you need to win an online match with Wolf.
In all seriousness though, I hate fight Wolf with a passion. On WiFi, simple things like dodging lasers become almost impossible and if I find myself against a laser spamming Wolf, I'm dead (especially if I don't have a projectile of my own and if the stage is FD).

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I guess I should fight more Wolfs, avoiding them won't help me. But what are your suggestions if I am someone like Marth/Ike/Bowser/projectile-less/reflector-less character and the opponent Wolf is constantly running away and lasering away at me?

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
yeah most of the time with online play you can choose any char. and win with 4 moves. I suggest you play people in real life it shows a mot more skill then online play. My suggestions to you is don't play online and just play with your friends...besides 90% of the people on the online play are noobs.

QUIVO

Smash Master
4 Moves of Doom!!!!! It's true though, I've seen so many Wolf players that spam just the moves. They'll occasionally like to spice things up and try something new though.

popsycle

Smash Rookie
Noob Wolf users give real Wolf users a bad name...

...True, while these moves are the better of his moveset, the way you utilize them is essential. There is so much more depth and potential than what has been shown with wolf.

Try a dash A with a Side B (My personal favorite combo)

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Laser, Dsmash, Fsmash and the occasional Usmash.

That's all you need to win an online match with Wolf.
In all seriousness though, I hate fight Wolf with a passion. On WiFi, simple things like dodging lasers become almost impossible and if I find myself against a laser spamming Wolf, I'm dead (especially if I don't have a projectile of my own and if the stage is FD).
Yeah I agree with the others here...Online play = t3h suck , you could be the best wolf player in the world and the frame lag will make you lose to the dumbest Ike F-smash spammer there is. Just play people in real life by finding a network of smash players in your area. if there isn't one, then make one. :-p

...then if the same four moves continue to own you, learn how to play better.

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
I run into similar problems with falco. I use wolf, and the easiest way i see people dodge my lasers if I try to use them is jump over and try to hit me. If you're really playing a wolf noob, they probably will not counter that well at all.
If that fails, always play on the short range of the lasers, you can easily stay out of the way on most stages, and let them come to you.

jasonf3654

Smash Rookie
yea and his recovery... many character can do this aswell maybe not as good as wolfs spam attacks but still can do it characters like pit c.falcon gannandorf ect. but really you wont get anywhere with these attacks

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
I hate people that say don't play online, just go play people offline. I for instance live in a low populace region and I know all the old melee players, and to be frank, thier aren't many within a 3 hour drive. Some of us are forced to play online and I'd really wish people would stop bashing it so. Adapting to online lag is no different that adapting from brawl to melee.

§witch

Smash Lord
I couldn't agree more. The lag really isn't that bad usually, the odd time being if they're across the ocean or have a bad connection.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I hate people that say don't play online, just go play people offline. I for instance live in a low populace region and I know all the old melee players, and to be frank, thier aren't many within a 3 hour drive. Some of us are forced to play online and I'd really wish people would stop bashing it so. Adapting to online lag is no different that adapting from brawl to melee.
a) I agree that playing online is a must if you're bored and don't want to play level 9's all the time.

b) you mean "from melee to brawl", right?

c) online play is a pain just because the nature of the whole game changes. It's almost like those noobs that try to make heavy brawl the competitive standard. A lot of things change with online play, and it's better to go offline if at all possible.

d) wolf isn't just for online play, he's actually good, I've found. I played a good wolf recently in person, and wolf is a tough customer.

.....I mean i beat him, but he was good :)

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
its so simple to beat a gay wolf, use either G&W (spam down b until it fills up and that should stop the lazers, and use the key and up b then key again and d smash on the ground, when the wolf gets to 80% either mindgame and/or dash to an upsmash which is g&w best finisher), or use ness/lucas(and...spam down b, try to keep wolf in the air with bair, and side b to bat/stick and they will get frustrated and attack away).

Top Bottom