• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can see Mac's gameplay style being a lot like Punch-Out!!.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I mean, obviously Mac's gonna be a lightweight (because that's the weight class of boxing he's in :p ), so you probably aren't gonna want to get hit too much. In Punch-Out, most of the fights, if you weren't just charging in, fists ablaze, played out with you dodging the opponent's attacks (or countering them), and then hitting them while they're stunned. In SSB4, I can see this being the same way. Dodge the attacks your opponent throws at you, and hit 'em hard before they even know what's comin', baby!

I dunno, just a thought I had.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I mean, obviously Mac's gonna be a lightweight (because that's the weight class of boxing he's in :p ), so you probably aren't gonna want to get hit too much. In Punch-Out, most of the fights, if you weren't just charging in, fists ablaze, played out with you dodging the opponent's attacks (or countering them), and then hitting them while they're stunned. In SSB4, I can see this being the same way. Dodge the attacks your opponent throws at you, and hit 'em hard before they even know what's comin', baby!

I dunno, just a thought I had.
You know, it would be interesting if Mac could get "exhausted" if he can't land his hits, or gets hit too much without landing hits; he could flash purple and be incapacitated for a few moments. If he can manage to dodge attacks in this state (or whatever), then he can lift his exhaustion state.

This would serve to make Mac an even more technical fighter. You won't be able to just charge and smash about wildly; you'll need to plan your approach and make sure that every hit counts.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know, it would be interesting if Mac could get "exhausted" if he can't land his hits, or gets hit too much without landing hits; he could flash purple and be incapacitated for a few moments. If he can manage to dodge attacks in this state (or whatever), then he can lift his exhaustion state.

This would serve to make Mac an even more technical fighter. You won't be able to just charge and smash about wildly; you'll need to plan your approach and make sure that every hit counts.
That would be interesting. I can see how heavy strategies being made if that was a feature.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Little Mac players will probably have to be good at combos, reflecting what he does in his games.

foxuzamaki

Smash Rookie

That'd be a really awesome idea.

Speculator

Smash Ace
This is one of the reasons I'm so excited for him. Character fidelity is really important to me, and he looks like a great representation of Punch-Out gameplay.

I'm getting this vibe from all the newcomers, actually. I think this is gonna be the game without any Wolf or Captain Ganon-style additions.

Top Bottom