• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I brought a bottled fairy.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
From what I'm seeing, Link is dead in competitive brawl. Completely dead.

The swf boards are years behind where the veterans are, but the veterans aren't at the swf boards; and for that matter, most are hard to find now anyways.

If anyone is still serious about learning how to play smash with link, feel free to come to our little chat, www.xat.com/linkbrawlers

Some of the few handful of us left may be willing to help breath life back into this character, and maybe even develop a community. If you are actually seeking improvement, please keep your ears and mind open to critique if you visit.

I don't know if this thread counts as advertising or not, and if it does, oh well. My goal here is to breathe what little life can be into this character's metagame and to hopefully not let maining Link become, more or less, a forgotten art. If any authority on this site is enough of a tight wad to punish me for that, then so be it; I hope you enjoy being the final blow to this character as a competitive, and social aspect.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I WILL FIX THIS I HAS A TOURNAMENT IN 6 DAYS.

Seriously though, both boards have seemed really dead recently.

The Link boards overall have a sad history, it's a shame everything happened the way it did and how much the community (as in all Link mains) has suffered on both sides because of it. I've been meaning to be more active on AiB, honestly, but they're fairly dead board-wise too and I'm busy enough that chat forums are hard enough for me to frequent. I'll try to fix that in a bit as my schedule is winding down and I only have finals left. Plus hopefully I'll actually have some videos of me actually playing legit people that can get some serious critique pretty soon.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Cool stuff hugz, hope to see you around more if you can.

And yeah Ryu, it's just for helping Link. Nothing else.

Link was killed off from competitive brawl a long time ago when the notorious fgt, lolbuzz, decided it was a good idea to completely purge the boards of everything that made the community what it was because the rules are more important.

Like when you have that one guy who is too focused on keeping things "by the book" instead of having any practical view on what is good or healthy, socially speaking. We had a very good long run after we left, but it's been coming to a long, slow death now.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Me being a mod here keeps most of my interest when it comes to online activity.

I'll stop on by more often to help on the Xat and once and a while on the forums, doubt it with how I view AiB more recently, still for the Link's I'll stop by once and a while.

Also help out the SWF Link's if you want, if we're behind then we do need the help if need be.

Up to you guys though, granted I still feel like to this day some people are still salty about what happened back in the day.

Beat11

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't here or into competitive smash when the whole "schism" of our community when down so I'm not entirely sure what everyone is still salty about? But it sounds like this is an attempt to get our community back together (cookie for stating the obvious). I'm all in for it! There has been so much misguidance about our character that has gone on for too long. The sadest part about it is that we have OTHER people who see potential in our character while we john and completely ignore them as if we suck harder than falcon. This is what drove Izaw and other link mains away from the boards. Legan even stopped posting a loooong time ago. Now, you only see those guys once every blue moon just to post one sentence. Stuff like people saying "c.falcon outcamps Link" or "Link has the WORST recovery in the game, lolink!" used to get to us but look how far the metagame has advanced. Remember when Sonic used to be 33th ranked tier? Look at him now. Why can't we upgrade ourselves? Because we let OTHER people tell us that OUR character sucks when we know him much better than they do. Well F*€k em! The past is just another once upon a time story. We can't seriously let this keep us from working together to advance our character.

Please get our society back together! I'll try to post on AiB and get something to happen. More activity at least. We need to do this ASAP. Do work!

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
I've been saying it's about time the remaining Link mains unite.
I don't really care anymore, but it seems like the only logical thing to do.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Oh, this has nothing to do with silly ideas of moving Link up the tier list. If by some miracle he does increase a few spots I won't complain, but I would never place him higher than like, Mario or Bowser at most, and that's stretching it.

I do hope for interest in using the character on a serious level will grow.

Also, to anyone who drops by the chat and it's not active, just keep popping by here and there; you should catch someone eventually. There's usually at least a couple people conscious in there a good portion of the day.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Speaking as someone who's been trying to reunite both forums since I joined, we Link mains need all the help we can get to keep the Link comunity alive. Both are dying which sucks. Xat is a good tool for activity and player improvement.
Kudos to Blubba.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
We could try and merge both boards, I mean, since this one is so behind AiB, maybe import the threads and guides located there to here...specially now that all the old threads are gone.

TimeTemporal

Smash Cadet
Anything that would help improve Link is good in my opinion. Thank you for the bottled fairy, tc.
Let us all wave the Hylian flag and remind others of Link's presence. Or, at the least, support Project M since Link is actually good there.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
I'd say that I am always watching but there isn't much to watch :V... still here I am, I'll drop by at the chat sometime too

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Thanks for what support is being shown so far, guys.

Saw you in chat the other day, Kei, but I don't remember if it was active atm or not, lol.

Personally I don't plan on messing around with PM right now, since it's a more or less a logical guarantee that there is another Smash game going to come around some day with Ninty makin' their new system and what-not.

I'm trying to think of a way to bring more traffic to these boards; subsequently the character...

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
A flashy vid from youtube will always help xD

Also, I've looking out for sook in the xat to ask him for permission to copy some threads from AiB to here, specially his recovery guide.

Top Bottom