• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I blame the input lag lol

Sprenzy

Smash Apprentice
so ive been roughed up in 1v1 online matches and by actual non garbage players.
im now somewhat used to the input lag and i can move decently but it's always the neutral. it always seem that they're punishing most of my moves and im whiffing the punish most of the time. it's stupid. with chrom this character use a laggy af move and I wanted to do a dash attack and the shield literally came up ONE FRAME before I hit. and it's just spaghetting allover the place trying to get a grab, like both of us grab, side dodge or roll untill one of us gets a grab and they get the grab 80% of the time

but what is most frusterating, take ness for example I react when ness does the pk fire and I smash the cstick back but i still get hit by the fire because of the input lag. so I have to anticipate and predict every option, so this enforces the rock paper sissors becaus you literally have to guess and do the input before it happens.

I think this is what separated melee from smash 4 and ultimate cause in melee it's more reactionary and smash4 and ultimate is more prediction based movement you have to plan all your moves

also smash 4 and ultimate has this controller vs pc type feel where with melee you can be more precise and it's consistent and smash ultimate where it's more assisted movement more floaty.

Im not a melee elitest or anything, I love all smash games, just expressing my frusteration becasue I sux at dis game

Top Bottom