• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am making a Project M Complete guide

Pappkopp

Smash Rookie
The guide will be mainly as a guideline for all smash players. Starting it so that new players can also follow then i will expand into more advanced tech and game explanation. I will also talk a bit about game mentality

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Beyond being kind of sloppy grammar-wise (though I understand English may not be your first language), there are pieces that are just not that useful or straight-up incorrect (Marth is not "in the Fast falling side" at all).

I don't really want to discourage anyone from creating stuff for the community, but at the moment this guide is also so bare-bones basic as to be replaced by the How To Play video inside the games themselves. The character overviews seem randomly chosen and lack depth or that much useful information.

There's also no reason for the reader to trust your expertise - you've been playing PM 7 months? Nobody is good in 7 months, let alone good enough to be teaching anyone but the completely new player. I've been playing for 2 years, held dozens of tournaments, and run a club of hundreds, and I can't pretend that I have really any expertise in more than a small handful of characters.

There's plenty of new player guides in very accessible formats already, like Smash Academy, Kira's videos, and many Smashboards guides. Though the effort and enthusiasm is nice, I'm not sure that it's really necessary. It'd probably be better to spend your time playing the game and helping to build up a local community of players in person.

Pappkopp

Smash Rookie
ouch but yes i can see that you are right. The recommended characters i choose are characters that are easy to pick up. wording Marth as a fast faller is a mistake on me. I am also aware of that the rankings and character descriptions will not be 100% accurate. This guide is not even half finished yet i will brush it up and hopefully get suggestions and learn as i go. i also didn't claim to be a good smash player, the guide is very bare bones at the moment because i am still working on the basic stuff for ''guiding'' new players who doesn't even know what smash is. i am open to any good suggestion for my guide

Last edited:
Top Bottom