• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am Giraffe

GiantGiraffe

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone,

I am GiantGiraffe and brand new to competitive smash. I have played Smash Bros since I was around 10 years old but only now decided to try and get a little more into it. Currently, I am in college studying to become a Physics Teacher, a job I know I will love doing. The name Giraffe is a nickname I received in high school and kinda stuck into college. As you may guess, I am fairly tall at 6'6" and apparently have a large neck (according to some). Anyways, the name stuck with me in my friend group and through sports so I decided to adopt it into Smash as well.

For Smash, I am playing Smash 4, still trying to decide who to main. Some of my favorites so far have been Pikachu, Ike, King Dedede, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Shulk, and Duck Hunt. Right now, I really do not know who to focus on and any help deciding would be appreciated. I know its a fairly diverse set of characters, but narrowing it down would probably help. I should probably decide who to main before my first tournament, which is coming up on the 24th. I don't really know what to expect so any pointers would also help me greatly.

As for outside of Smash, I enjoy a variety of other things. I am captain of the lacrosse team at my college and play d-pole for anyone who knows what sport that is. I also am pretty big into woodworking and have built most of my own furniture including the custom desk I am sitting at currently (made extra tall to accommodate that height).

I hope to have fun in the Smash community and can't wait to jump in it! If anyone has any pointers, don't be afraid to tell me, I am all ears! Thanks and maybe I'll see you around!

TanteiRotana

Smash Rookie
Welcome to the Smash Boards :D I'm still pretty new myself :>
Wish i could help you decided on a main but i don't know much about most characters...But personally Dedede always scares me when i verse him and Shulk has a neat gimmic :>

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I recommend maining Bowser :)
But really, main whoever feels best to you. It takes a while to find the character you like the most. I know I didn't decide on Bowser right away, when I got Smash 4 I went through so many mains before finding my favorite. It just takes time.

GiantGiraffe

Smash Rookie
Haha I have no idea why you would suggest Bowser.

Honestly, I did not really like him in Melee but in Smash 4 he just seems smoother I guess which is why I am giving him more of a shot.

But thanks for all the welcomes, did you guys have a main before going to your first tournament, or kinda switch around characters a bit?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Last edited:
Top Bottom