• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am also new, of course!

General Shiro

Smash Rookie
Little Intro
Hello! My alias is General Shiro for most of my games and has been for since I was little, so I use it for Smash as well. I was introduced to the smash series when the first game came out for the N64, and I spent a large amount of time playing Super Smash Bros Melee growing up. (Still do today) When Brawl arrived I still wasn't able to afford a Wii and I never ended up buying a Wii, so Brawl passed by me almost entirely.

Even though I played Melee a great deal, it was only against my brother or Lv.4 CPUs, and never pushed myself to do more with Melee until I entered college where I met a group of guys who loved the game so much that it was a sport to them. I had never seen that level of competition in Melee before, and once they showed me what they could do and told me about the Smash Brothers Documentary, I was hooked.

I can't wavedash or L-cancel or anything technical, but I love playing Smash to win, and maybe one day I'll pick up those techniques. I think the Smash games are incredible and competitive Smash is probably one of the few sports I'll watch.

My Main
For Melee: Capt. Falcon
Capt. Falcon feels great to play and he's fast and when his aerials connect it feels so satisfying. His persona is just so righteous I can't help enjoying myself even when I lose.
For ProjectM: Charizard
I tried a lot of the characters out to see which one felt right, and against my friends I did very well with Charizard. I love Lucario, Capt. Falcon, Mario, Marth, Jigglypuff, Ike and so many others, but I was at my best when I played as Charizard, and I didn't want my friends at my college to feel like they were wasting their time playing with someone who wasn't that good, so I main Charizard.
For Smash WiiU: Little Mac
Just like Capt. Falcon, I've always liked the persona of Little Mac, the underdog rising up to take the title of being the very best. His aerial game might not be anything impressive and his recovery is a joke but I just love playing him and I want to be great while playing as Mac. Some of my friends joke about how easy it'll be to beat me because of things like my recovery, but that only makes me want find Little Mac's hidden potential even more.
Why I Joined & Tournaments
One of my college friends told me about Smashboards, and I thought it would be a good place to pick up techniques and tips for playing better.

I have never played in a Smash tournament outside of one held by my friends at my college, but I would like to attend one outside of those sometime so I can meet new people.

Interests & Other Stuff
I have a big interest in video games of course, as well as manga and cartoons. I play a wide variety of games, but mostly RPGs.
I currently study Computer Game Design & Development at Kennesaw State University-Marietta campus, formerly known as Southern Polytechnic State University, and I'm an officer for the Game Design & Development Club, a student organization.

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Is it okay to assume you made your own avatar? Cause I love it. Nice colors.
And don't forget to not only look at Mac's cons, but also his pros. For example: His amazing ground game. Try to stay in the middle of the battlefield and your friends won't have a chance against you!

Welcome to Smashboards, btw. Enjoy your stay. :)

General Shiro

Smash Rookie
No I didn't make my avatar, I just searched for Little Mac in his pink hoodie on Google. When I play Little Mac I only use his pink hoodie skin. :)

Yeah I've looked at a guide Little Mac, but until I actually get a WiiU, it's hard to practice. I currently play on my friend's WiiU whenever he wants to play Smash WiiU.

Top Bottom