• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule left

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
The farthest left edge of hyrule:

Ok, so your mario hanging on the edge for dear life with medium-high damage
Pikachu is standing a little to the right of the edge

How in the world are you supposed to make it back against that ? Do you just have to accept death?

_kSo_

Smash Master
The farthest left edge of hyrule:

Ok, so your mario hanging on the edge for dear life with medium-high damage
Pikachu is standing a little to the right of the edge

How in the world are you supposed to make it back against that ? Do you just have to accept death?
mind games

just try to juke him out. if you can keep falling off and grabbing the edge again you can fake him out eventually

also try to fall down like, really far, and then if he moves closer do up b and it will go through most attacks and it also has good knockback so you can get back up.

but all in all just mind games is all you need

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Try DIing towards the stage when you get hit by his foward smash. It will cause you to immeditly bounce off the edge and have less knock back.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
antd...you can't roll with medium-high damage... too much lag ... he'll grab you
and if you try jumping down fair pika will fsmash

i guess KSO is right... you should never hang on the ledge too long and have to mindgame pikachu right away

MattNF

Smash Lord
Try and use mindgames like KSO said... sometimes I actually find that using the ledge attack(pressing A while holding the stage) works in some occasions because the opponent isn't expecting it.

Another strategy I like to use is ledge fireball spamming. Fall off the edge, try and move as far to the left as possible, then throw a fireball and grab the edge again after the fireball throwing animation is over. Don't spam it too much though because your opponent will catch on quickly.

hambread

Smash Apprentice
uh. try to ledge hope backwards (left/right+cbutton) instead of ledgehopping downwards (down+cbutton) if you get what i mean. it can evade fsmash...possibally (needs some trying out), and if you do you will probably land a free aerial on pikachu, since fsmash has slow cooldown.

KESHIKI

Smash Cadet
I think you need to write up how you always fail when you try to come back on stage.
e.g. what you always do when you are hanging on the edge, and how the pikachu counter to your move.

so many unknowns such as . . .medium-high damage.
For me its around 70%, but for you its more than 100%

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
like what boom said. Press up and hold Z. If you get knocked back on to the edge, then quickly jump from the edge and throw out a fireball since pika is in his cooldown lag. Other than that, if you get hit by the fsmash, DI towards the stage. Smash DI up-right if you use keys. I don't know about slide DI.

Top Bottom