• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyphen Smash = Holy Sliding

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else notice how far you slide when you up smash out of your dash AS SOON as you dash forward? It just looks like you're Up Smashing, but you slide really freakin' far.

This seems alot better than smashing out of the dash... by the time you reach the opponent, you'll all ready be smashing them. Am I old news?

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
You are old news. However, the spacing is pretty precise, and against a moving opponent it's hard to land.

But with good foxtrotting (been practicing myself, fairly easy, I also love the foxtrots through the opponent to reverse smashes or grabs, awesome mindgames) and incorporating the 'dash dance' sliding up smash, you can still land it. Check Reaver197's thread for more info on the dash dance sliding, the falcon guide.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Between this and stutter steps, I don't see how people can say he's that bad... I did check out that thread before, I only really remember reading about up smashing out of a long dash. Either way, Falcon = teh pwn.

Top Bottom