• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hungrybox Wavedash on Puff?

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
Can you explain what you mean by "wavedash well"? Do you just mean his movement is good? Getting good movement in general takes tons of practice and experience, but just learning how to implement wavedashes well comes relatively quickly. Keep practicing.

rye_un

Smash Cadet
I don't know, it just looks like Hbox stays crouched the whole time. And yeah I'll keep practicing to see what you both mean.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
He's just doing it really fast. Either that or he's just staying crouched in between wavedashes.

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
He does that to get beneath laser pressure sometimes, but it never works for me. All the Falcos in Florida must be fraudulent, Falcos here get their lasers low enough to hit me when I'm crouching.

Massive

Smash Champion
He does that to get beneath laser pressure sometimes, but it never works for me. All the Falcos in Florida must be fraudulent, Falcos here get their lasers low enough to hit me when I'm crouching.
It's hard to do low lasers in a high-stress match and a lot of Falcos are terrible at it.

There is actually a collection of laser-free falcos in the midwest, and THEY SWEET ARE LIKE CANDY TO JIGGLYPUFF.

Last edited:

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
If you crouch under Falco's lasers, figure out the timing, and wavedash inbetween the lasers, you can maneuver through them. Its hard, but I've practiced it a ton with good results.

khadeezy

Smash Rookie
How is HBoxes wavedash so long - assuming he uses tap jump for wavedashing. I find it so difficult to tap jump wavedash for long distances. X / Y feels better because I can stay crouched during it... But I use tap for everything else. So hard to practice when I'm not sure how I should be wavedashing inputs wise.

Crossie

Smash Apprentice
If you crouch under Falco's lasers, figure out the timing, and wavedash inbetween the lasers, you can maneuver through them. Its hard, but I've practiced it a ton with good results.
Not a bad idea in general, but you should definitely also learn to go high against laser pressure so you don't get screwed when you play Falcos who can get their lasers low enough to hit crouching Puff.
How is HBoxes wavedash so long - assuming he uses tap jump for wavedashing. I find it so difficult to tap jump wavedash for long distances. X / Y feels better because I can stay crouched during it... But I use tap for everything else. So hard to practice when I'm not sure how I should be wavedashing inputs wise.
You don't need to be inputting things the same way Hungrybox does. His skill and the weird way he uses the controller aren't related. Most Puffs don't use tap jump as their standard way of jumping. Personally I use Y most often, but tap jump situationally. Do whatever feels best. For Fox these things matter because, for example, it's extremely hard to SHDL using X, but Puff doesn't really have that kind of issue.

Top Bottom