• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hugglebunnys vid thread *please critique*

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Sh Nair and Fair are amazing approaches. Running Up Smash is OK. Dash attack SUCKS in most situations. It can catch someone by surprise if you never use it, but thats about it. Use arrows, Sh ones are good as you can approach somewhat with them. Don't be too aggressive, Pit can stay back some, he doesn't need to approach, although arrow spam is gonna get punished too. Use Dair less, as it's too slow to stop a juggle. SH Dair can be good though, I've gotten kills with it before. Mix up your gliding some too, You can move up and down while gliding to land where safe or kill with Glide attack.

kown

Smash Lord
ok so i only watched the match on FD vs yoshi.

heres what I got:

Fsmash ALOT.
No arrows
didnt challenge the yoshi when he was recovering
You do alot of uneccessary movement.
No grabs
no tilts
Too much gliding
You dont have solid approaches.

just practice on your basics first

now once you start getting better a tthe basiccs i reccomend trying to incorporate wingdashing, wing renewal, angelic step, ART, and arrow looping. heh these ATs can work wonders if done right.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
ok thanks

ill fsmash less and use arrows more.

Burntsocks says:

Running into fsmash is fun. How do u punish that annoyingly strong move. Also, you cant edgeguard yoshi, the only thing u can do is arrow, unless the yoshi messes up (which i did i think).

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi can be edgegaurded, You might not kill him, but you will do damage, and he hates footstools. Kown is right, work on the basics. Specifically variety and better approaches. You'll get better if you keep at it.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi can be edgegaurded, You might not kill him, but you will do damage, and he hates footstools. Kown is right, work on the basics. Specifically variety and better approaches. You'll get better if you keep at it.

ok thanks good advice

burntsocks says (hes over at my place and i am to lazy to log off of my account to let him say sumthing)

Pit cant edgeguard yoshi unless yoshi messes up because yoshi can airdodge in the middle of his jump. Just sayin =P

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Every character airdodge during their jump, Doesn't mean they will always dodge. A Nair or Uair with pit are hard to airdodge, you just need to space yourself right(Not easy, but not impossible). Essentially it's worth trying, give your opponent as many chances to mess up as possible. In addition you might get him to mess up his trajectory with the airdodge ir doesn't follow the usual curve.

D

Deleted member

Haha, i dont wanna start a debate, but a rising airdodge WILL dodge any of pits aerials, and will keep him on the same path. A aggressive pit can put pressure on a recovering yoshi with aggressive arrows and such, but pit has a much harder time edgeguarding yoshi than vica versa. thats all.

Also, HB, put the 2nd video first, we both play much better and i dont blindly run into so much stuff =/ Sleepy johns xD

kupo15

Smash Hero
Can you do a test for me since you play against a yoshi? For edge guarding, can you try using Angel Ring? Not only will it reflect the eggs back but being a multi hit move, it will knock yoshi from his super armor as soon as you can. I think AR will work well but I don't have a yoshi to test it. thanks!

also why do you use woi so early? Burnstock, you should gimp him so he can learn lol

D

Deleted member

I normally do gimp him alot, i keep telling him to glide and use jumps, but meh(i gimp him in the second vid). Also, angel ring does pretty well, depending on what time in my jump i get hit, its pretty annoying.

Haha i just said put the 2nd 1 first cuz most people only watch the first one. And i look pretty bad xD

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
ARROWS!.
needs gliding downward!.
basic sidestep applications and rolling..shielding
oh run dont walk! you dont have to do a dash attack try a running n-air. and if you dont want to... dont run at him just arrow
angel ring is a good way to punish spotdodgers. just dotn go threw them with it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Im trying not to sound rude but this is the truth.

I am sorry but you are making me hate the Fsmash even more. You did 23 Fsmashes in 2mins, the first thing I saw was 3 Fsmashes in a ROW, then later I counted 11 Fsmashes IN A ROW! Out of about 35 moves you did, 28 were smashes. I think the ship killed him more than you lol and my suggestion is to not use smashes. Like seriously, I ban you from uses smashes until you can beat him constantly without them.

lol I dont mean to be mean, but my jaw dropped lower...and lower.....wow. Yoshi, you need to suicide yourself to gimp his wings because he uses it way too early.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
hey, i know im a fsmash addict burntsox always tells me to mix it up more and he didn't put up any of the vids in which he gimped me. Usually their is one gimp per match, if not more

D

Deleted member

Yea i sorta do gimp him like every match we do =P Also, thats a good idea. No fsmash for u fool.

D

Deleted member

Uhh maybe a little more jabs for a "get away from me" attack instead of fsmash. Not that i play pit.

Also burntbunny is gonna own dem noobs in doubles =)

aznpercussionboy

Smash Cadet
In addition to the rest of the people, I didn't see you grabbing yoshi. YOU HAVE EXTRA JUMPS! just don't go straight into WoI as Kupo said. Once you are hit during WoI, you cannot recover anymore.

D

Deleted member

HB won a tourny match today, yay for HB(against a yoshi ironically, tho not an extremely good one -.-)

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i did win a match, yesterday at a tourney (could have won more i hope but the tourney was a disaster [if you heard of the SD dave and busters tourney you will know why]) it was against a yoshi, and it was fairly close. O and kupo, i tried the AR edgegaurd against the yoshi and it worked really well, it was one of the reasons why i one.

and corruptfate, if you ever look, i would like to take leadership of PA's2 like you suggested but i need more people to say that it would be okay.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
indeed, it works against everybody,
and i have started working on my fsmash problem. burntsox made my cstick into regular attack so i would ftilt every time. so now im workin in more aerials and more tilts, while teaching myself to use the a (or y, because i made that attack also) button to use all of my attacks

Top Bottom