• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HRC question

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
In youtube videos I see people jump over the sandbag with the bat, then throw the bat downward and use a dair at the same time to do tons of damage, yet keep it where it is on the ground (yes, I know the dair knocks it down). Will someone plz explain how to do this? :)

Ange

Smash Lord
Actually, you drop the bat (pressing Z on the GC while in midair) onto the Sandbag and does a Dair (or some attack that sends it down) for it to stay.

It can be practiced well on Training mood in abour 1/2 or 2/3 speed. Take up a bat and a Sandbag, and short-hop over the Sandbag, drop the bat and immediatly do an attack that sends it down. (: I think some characters doesnt need to short-hop, but characters with high jumps are recomended to do it, otherwise the Sandbag will be send flying by the bat drop.

Now when you get the hang of it, you can start doing it in real-time and get the exact timing of the bat drop and the attack. It takes awhile to get the hang of it, but once you do it will send the Sandbag MILES.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
Actually, you drop the bat (pressing Z on the GC while in midair) onto the Sandbag and does a Dair (or some attack that sends it down) for it to stay.

It can be practiced well on Training mood in abour 1/2 or 2/3 speed. Take up a bat and a Sandbag, and short-hop over the Sandbag, drop the bat and immediatly do an attack that sends it down. (: I think some characters doesnt need to short-hop, but characters with high jumps are recomended to do it, otherwise the Sandbag will be send flying by the bat drop.

Now when you get the hang of it, you can start doing it in real-time and get the exact timing of the bat drop and the attack. It takes awhile to get the hang of it, but once you do it will send the Sandbag MILES.
Thank you ^.^

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
If you can't do single jump bat drops, then try jumping, dropping the bat, then jumping again and immediately use dair. For characters like Ganondorf, this is required. It also auto cancels most dairs so you won't have fastfall lag.

Top Bottom